do you believe in love?

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (51 posts)
  1. profile image48
    aramul123posted 16 years ago

hi ,
    I tried to find the answer of this question. even found an article about this but i am stil confused.

1. profile image0
      darya.alanaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Confused? Stop looking for the answer to this question. No answer. Keep your mind open.  Wait. I was looking  for 25 years. So when I stopped looking, stopped trying, stopped judging... there it was. You will get the answer, you will meet the person. Don't be afraid to experiment. Focus on     other things. There is time for everything, you will know. Everything happens for a reason. Don't be afraid to fail, to fall...Go for whatever feels wright. God knows what we need. If you haven't found the one yet, you are not ready. Be patient. "All good things for those who wait!".

1. topstuff profile image58
        topstuffposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What a good experience along with good advice.

2. elisabeth reid profile image67
    elisabeth reidposted 16 years ago

Confused in what way?

3. Princessa profile image78
    Princessaposted 16 years ago

I do.   Like Goethe said "We are shaped and fashioned by what we love."    What do you love?

4. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 16 years ago

Yup, I love my girlfriend a lot smile

5. CMOE profile image55
    CMOEposted 16 years ago

I believe love takes a lot of work.  I love my girlfriend will all of my heard, but she is hard to get along with some of the time.  I am sure I am the same way for her.  I don't believe that people can just be in love and never have any problems.

6. rutheena profile image59
    rutheenaposted 16 years ago

I do believe in love and everything that goes with it. We can't really measure love, but we have to be very open minded to know what love is all about. Love is like life, so vast in its meaning.

7. Jennifer Bowman profile image60
    Jennifer Bowmanposted 16 years ago

I believe love exists, but I don't know that it conquers all. I have seen too many couples break up when they really both still loved one another. It sucks when that happens.

8. Maylinda Arons profile image60
    Maylinda Aronsposted 16 years ago

I definitely believe in love. I don't mean it always works out, or that it always has a 'happily ever after' at the end. But when I say I love somebody or something, I truly mean it, at least for that moment. After all, what about life isn't momentary? If you find that your love for whatever it is lasts, then that's beautiful, and that's lucky, but I wouldn't give up on love if it didn't last. For me, that one moment could be pure, perfect love, and that's what I believe in.
    I also think that love has a very close connection with happiness. That's why, if I have one perfectly happy moment, it will strengthen my belief in love.
    I don't know if this makes sense or if I've explained my point properly, but yeah. I'm a believer.

9. LYCEJ08 profile image58
    LYCEJ08posted 16 years ago

yeah i do believe in love.. although I've been hurt for so many times..

xoxo

10. Earl S. Wynn profile image77
    Earl S. Wynnposted 16 years ago

I guess I'm with the majority here-- I believe in love. Always have. I've seen it, I've felt it, and I've seen what it can do to people when it's not returned. It's a powerful feeling.

11. quensday profile image68
    quensdayposted 16 years ago

Love is too influential to not believe. big_smile

12. Dottie1 profile image63
    Dottie1posted 16 years ago

I believe in love.  Real love is contagious

13. profile image0
    KaranMposted 16 years ago

I was just thinking about this really....very good question. I just wrote an article today about this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/whattheheckislove

I tried to throw out most of my thoughts on the subject...love is very interesting and I'm currently trying to figure out what it is myself...is it just a psychological thing? just lust disguised to look good? spiritual? not sure....check out my hub if ya can and maybe comment based on my post. great topic of discussion.

I dont think anybody will ever give you a full answer to the question...however, each individual may still provide a personal interpretation which makes the question all the more beautiful.

14. Earl S. Wynn profile image77
    Earl S. Wynnposted 16 years ago

I wonder if most people here believe in love because they're writers. Writers tend to be romantics. wink

1. profile image0
      KaranMposted 16 years agoin reply to this

haha very well said Earl....i definitely consider myself a romantic...a writer? not so sure.

15. Maylinda Arons profile image60

It's true, a lot of writers are romantics. I mean you have the super cynical I-hate-the-world sarcasm people, but you know that in their heart of hearts they believe in love. And, you know, elves and the tooth fairy. We're writers, we have imaginations, and we're romantics to the core!

16. Pagan Crafter profile image61
    Pagan Crafterposted 16 years ago

Love is perhaps one of the strongest forces the Universe has ever known.  Love creates, love binds, love can even destroy in its negative aspects.  Love is one of the things most worth living for; otherwise, how would we care for our families, our friends, and all of those we come in contact with?  Love.

Do I believe in love?  YES!!!!!

1. perfumer profile image63
      perfumerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Pagan,

When you say "love can even destroy in its negative aspects"
      do you mean jealousy?

perfumer

17. profile image0

what is love? baby dont hurt me...dont hurt me...

i wanna know what love is....and i want you to show me.... tongue

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image77
      Earl S. Wynnposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I lol'd. Good lyrics!

18. Judy Charis profile image58
    Judy Charisposted 16 years ago

yeh.. I do believe..

19. profile image0

While we'er on the topic of believing in love....i was wondering how people use the word itself. Do you just tell everyone you know you love them, are you more reserved, etc etc?

1. Estella profile image58
      Estellaposted 16 years agoin reply to this
  20. Maylinda Arons profile image60

Good question. I used to be very very very reserved about it (I'm one of those 'letting people know how I feel makes me feel vulnerable' people), but lately I've tried to say it to my parents more often. With my boyfriend, it's a whole other story. Sometimes we can't stop saying it to each other, but we don't just say it coz it's a habit. We definitely mean it every time we say it.

Basically, I don't throw the word around a lot. But I say it enough for people to know that it's there.

21. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 16 years ago

I do not only believe in love, I experience it everyday in my life. I love my mate, my family, my nephew who passed away at 18, my friends, even online friends I have never met face to face.  Love has different expressions, but its the same God force.

I wrote a hub about this topic, http://hubpages.com/hub/Only-Love-is-Real

22. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 16 years ago

I also don`t believe in loves.It is just emotion with no warrenty of fix on any body

23. profile image0
    HeartBreakerposted 16 years ago

yes, i believe in love...definitely, it's what makes the world twists

24. patnamohan profile image58

I believe in sex with girl in return of love........I don`t know girl like that....

topstuffposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think you have a wrong scale,wrong way to measure  and wrong measures.

25. wpagnew profile image58
    wpagnewposted 16 years ago

First you must define love -

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. 
    2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend. 
    3. sexual passion or desire. 
    4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart. 
    5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love? 
    6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour. 
    7. sexual intercourse; copulation. 

This is the problem...people often connect visuals/actions to love. Notice in the definition there is no mention of Marrige - Commitment - Honesty - Monogamy..etc. Yet we measure love against these things all the time. 

"They've been married for 20years they must really love each other....if only they new.

Theres a very thin line between Love and Infatuation..and people often get it confused...Look again at the difenition...There nothing that must happen before you feel this way...It's a feeling if anything and to ask if you believe in love is to ask do you belive in what you feel and that should always be yes...which might not be the best thing for you necessarily.

26. profile image0
    Ana Louisposted 16 years ago

Love is real but it has many layers.  Websters says that love is a noun, but so often we use it as an adjective...to describe how we feel about someting or someone, which may or may not be true love, but rather a passing affection or a strong likeing.  True love, the kind of love that exist in marriage, or between parents and children, brothers and sisters, or best friends, is a verb.  True love is the action of putting another ahead of yourself, your willingness to sacrifice all that you have, even your life for another.  True love is humble and is able to see past anothers faults...accepting the other person for who they are, and treating the other person with respect, consideration, and gratitude.  True love is not about you - it is about the person you love.

The expression "love is never having to say you're sorry,"  is wrong.  If you truly love someone, you always say you are sorry.

This kind of love is the secret to a successful and happy relationship. When both people apply love as a verb, both are fullfilled and recieve equally.  And the magic of true love, when   given and recieved by two people creates perpetual motion.

When my children would say "I love you," I would often respond by saying, "I appreciate that you tell me you love me, but words mean nothing if your actions don't back them up. I would much rather you show me that you love me, than tell me you love me."

I'm probably getting carried away here so I' ll stop now.  Did any of this make sense?

27. Estella profile image58
    Estellaposted 16 years ago

YES,YES, LOVE IS GOD AND I KNOW GOD LOVE ME BECAUSE HE MADE ME AND YOU AND OTHERS TOO.LOVE IS A BIG WORD. AND WE HAVE A HEART FOR THAT WE SHOULD LOVE AND IT MAKE YOU FEEL GREAT AND GOOD TO KEEP GOING IN LIFE AND MOMS AND DADS AND OUR KIDS AND PETS AND MUCH MORE JUST TO FALL IN LOVE

yes,yes, love is god and I know god love me because he made me and you and others too.Love is a big word. And we have a heart for that we should love and it makes you feel great and good to keep going in life and moms and dads and our kids and pets and much more just to fall in love.

28. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Please, stop shouting smile

29. Estella profile image58
    Estellaposted 16 years ago

YOU HAVE TO FEEL IT IN YOUR HEART, AND WHEN GOOD PEOPLE DO GOOD THINGS IT MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD FOR DOING IT FOR OTHER PEOPLE OR FOR YOU AND FAMILY. WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING FOR SOME ONE FROM YOUR HEART HOW DO YOU FEEL.

You have to feel in your heart, and when good people do good things it makes them feel good for doing it for other people or for you and family. When you do something for some one from your heart how do you feel.

30. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Estella,
    Stop shouting please.
    All caps are considered shouting online.

topstuffposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Let her express any way she likes its a matter of love Misha.

31. patnamohan profile image58

Yes!!!! I use caps when i want to say forcely

32. profile image0
    jonaitisposted 16 years ago

even if we had no word for it, the feeling would remain. it exists.

33. useme profile image59
    usemeposted 15 years ago

Yea, Love is believable but should be crystal clear from both. When ur heart goes for beating someone that moments made u understanding what love is ?
          big_smile

34. topstuff profile image58
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Love is something discussed with great love.

35. kokomatata profile image59
    kokomatataposted 15 years ago

I believe in love

36. profile image48
    aparxotomoposted 15 years ago

I don't think I do.  I believed in past but now as I grow up I slowly starting to know that there is not such a thing as love. Yes you have affection for your loved ones but it's not love. I've seen people who fll in love and stayed together for 30- 40 years and all of a sudden they stopped loving each other??  how can that be love??? its only fantasy. People try to copy it from movies and soaps and even though most of ppl here do believe in love, i know they are not 100% sure.

37. profile image48
    wowgolds9872posted 15 years ago

I always belive Love,and i will belive it forerve.it not, i can not image how our life will be.
    -------------------------------------
    mmoinn.com is the largest and most professional trading platform for World of warcraft Gold.Trading is easy and safe here with satisfy guarantee!
    wow gold
    http://www.mmoinn.com.

38. profile image48

I always belive Love,and i will belive it forerve.it not, i can not image how our life will be.
    mmoinn.com is the largest and most professional trading platform for World of warcraft Gold.Trading is easy and safe here with satisfy guarantee!
    wow gold
    http://www.mmoinn.com.

39. profile image48

wow gold
    World of warcraft Gold

40. Whyra profile image62
    Whyraposted 15 years ago

love is nothing but understing..if u 100% understand about some one, then its called ,,you loved them a lot.

41. Jessicahesson1982 profile image58
    Jessicahesson1982posted 15 years ago

I do believe in love  i found the best love he's so good to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)