jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Spray Tan Two-Year-Old “Worth Every Penny” $4,500

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Spray Tan Two-Year-Old “Worth Every Penny” $4,500

By: Rob Adams
    06/11/2012 06:57 PM ET

A Michigan mother defends spending nearly $4,500 a month for spray tan sessions on her two-year-old for beauty pageants, saying its worth every penny.
    http://www.newsoxy.com/odd/spray-tan-tw … 76092.html
    http://cdn.newsoxy.com/2012/06/spray-tan-two-year-old-e1339414139744.jpg
    Mom claims that the money spent on tanning gives her daughter an edge in the competition which leads to better self-esteem.Huh?

1. TheMagician profile image92
      TheMagicianposted 5 years agoin reply to this

/facepalm

2. eternals3ptember profile image60
      eternals3ptemberposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Better self-esteem for whom?

2. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore... Wait... I like this planet! You get off!

- Prof. Farnsworth

3. MayG profile image87
    MayGposted 5 years ago

That works out to be around $145 a day for a spray tan. Is this for real?   In Australia, we only pay around $40 for a spray tan (for an adult - we're not in the habit of spraying our children). I can't help wondering about the possible long-term effects of putting this stuff on a young child's skin either. I honestly think child beauty pageants should be illegal and I  was sickened that one was held in Melbourne last year.  Why don't these mothers spend more time worrying about the face they present to the world, instead of obsessing about their kids' appearances.

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

?? A spray tan in GA is $25 for a pageant kid.

5. Mighty Mom profile image87
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Looks like they spray tanned the kid's palms, too.
    That probably costs extra.
    lol

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

6. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

I don't get why judges favor kids with orange skin.  Isn't it a little discriminatory to judge them on the color of their skin--be it white, brown, or black (or orange)???

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The stage lights really "wash out" contestants. Even kids with average skin tones will look really pale. My granddaughter has a naturally darker skin tone, thanks to her Native American heritage. We didn't spray tan her, but the makeup person wiped some kind of lotion on her skin to even out her color.

1. profile image0
        paxwillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't think of that.

working