jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which do you do to get a tan?

1. SnowRose profile image62
    SnowRoseposted 6 years ago

Which do you do to get a tan?

Do you use tanning wipes or lotion? or do you use a a tanning bed? or sunbathe?

2. london55 profile image75
    london55posted 6 years ago

spray tan, its great easy, and my daughter does it so free

3. Obscure_Treasures profile image53
    Obscure_Treasuresposted 6 years ago

No one said that you have to wait until the summer to get the perfect tan -- just look at George Hamilton. If you have the luxury of going on vacation this summer, you may want to learn how to get the perfect tan and avoid getting fried to a crisp. If this happens, you can bet that the only thing you'll be doing during your vacation is watching the ocean water -- from the window of your hotel room.

With the risks involved in tanning today, there is no way to tan safely, but there are ways to tan relatively safely and minimize the risks of sun exposure. The sun may be great and provide us with heat, but if you don't take the necessary precautions when tanning, then you're increasing your chances of the following risks (among many others):

4. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

A spray tan at the salon. I tried applying tan myself a few years back and ended up looking like a giant orange. There is a lot to be said for testing it before application! I've been too scared to apply it myself since!

5. pbsandwichofdoom profile image95
    pbsandwichofdoomposted 6 years ago

I don't. My grandpa had melanoma a few years back, so I'm always careful to wear sunscreen. Out of financial necessity, I worked as a tanning bed attendant for awhile, but felt a bit like I was selling cancer. For awhile, I used a self-tanning lotion, and it worked really well, but I was too lazy to keep it up. And really, I think that pale skin can be beautiful, too. It reflects a lack of sun damage, and it even used to be the ideal many years ago.

6. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

Wait for the summer and hope we have some sun lol. I tried a spray tan did't like it. I also tried the tanning cream which i ended up with dark brown hands. So now i prefer the natural way of getting a tan. "bring out the sun" x