Aloo Gobhi Recipe
Aloo Gobhi Recipe.
Aloo Gobi is a delicious main dish made with potatoes, cauliflower, and a great blend of spices. Aloo Gobi can be served with various breads, such as rotis, parathas, and puris. Aloo gobhi is liked by kids a lot. Try it.
- Cauliflower: 2 cups cuts in to small florets.
- Potatoes: 2 cut in to small cubes.
- Oil: 3 Tbsp.
- Asafetida: A pinch
- Ginger: ½ inch, shredded.
- Cumin seeds: ½ Tsp.
- Bay leaves: 2
- Mango Powder ( Amchoor): 1 Tsp.
- Green Chilies: sliced longitudinally.
- Coriander Powder: 3 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: ¼ Tsp.
- Cayenne powder / Red Chili Powder: ¼ Tsp.
- Salt: 1 Tsp.
- Chopped Cilantro/ coriander leaves: 2 Tsp
- Water: 1 Tbsp.
- Mix ginger, coriander powder, red chili powder and 4 Tbsp of water in a bowl. Make a fine paste.
- Now take a heavy base pan and heat oil.
- To check if the oil is heated, drop one seed of cumin in the oil and if it cracks, it means oil is heated.
- Add a pinch of asafetida in the oil.
- Now add cumin seeds. When the seeds crack add bay leaves and green chilies.
- Stir for 15 seconds.
- Now add the spice paste to this and stir till the oil start separating form this Masala.
- Add potatoes and cook for half a minute.
- Now add cauliflower and cook for another minute.
- Add Salt and 3 Tbsp of water.
- Mix well.
- Cover the lid of the pan and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat, Stirring every few minutes.
- Check if the vegetables are tender. If not cook for 5 minutes more.
- Now when the veggies are tender add mango powder and chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves.
- Mix well and cover for one minute.
- Serve hot with roti or naan.
1. You can add peas in the cauliflower to give an added taste.
2. You can also add red bell pepper at the end of cooking.
More Vegetarian Recipes from me
- Dal Makhani.
Dal Makhani, dal makani and naan, how to make dal makhani, dal makhani recipe. North indian cooking, dal and roti, how to make tasty dal, rajma and dal, maa ki daal, punjabi cooking, indian recipe
- South Indian Lime Pickle Recipe.
curry recipes, lime pickle, how to make lime pickle, indian food, recipe for Indian, recipe for pickles, indian chef, indian cuisine recipes, lime for pickles, cooking indian food, indian food recipe
- Stuffed Bananas Recipe
Banana is one of the most liked fruit in whole of world. It is easily available and very cheap all over the world. It is full of carbohydrates as it is generally thought but it is also full of minerals, fibers, vitamins and is very tasty and healthy.
- Crispy Arbi.
Crispy arbi, indian cooking, how to cook crisy colocasia, tasty arbi dish, colocasia cooked, healthy cooking with colocasia, no oil cooking, cooking with arbi, arbi ki sabji, how to cook arbi vegetabl
- Baked Bread Rolls Recipe.
Bread rolls is one of the favourite snack of North Indians. It is originally a recipe from the Punjab but now it is made all over the world. Problem with the Bread rolls is that they are very unhealthy because they are deep fried. Bread rolls are eas