- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Aloo Gobi Curry
Aloo Gobhi Curry
Aloo gobhi curry is little different from all gobhi I have already put up here. Aloo is potato and gobhi is cauliflower so this is basically a cauliflower and potato recipe. I have always loved to eat gobhi with aloo or any other vegetable. Gobhi or cauliflower is not only very good to eat but it has lots of health benefits and is full of fiber so help in weight loss too. In India every household has its own recipe for the aloo gobhi which varies a lot not only in ingredients but also in way how you cook it. The ingredients are easy to find and it is easy to make
- Cauliflower: 250 grams / ½ pounds.
- Potatoes: 100 grams cut in to small cubes.
- Onion: ¼ cup chopped finely.
- Tomatoes: ¼ cup chopped finely.
- Garam Masala: ¼ Tsp.
- Kasuri Methi powder: ½ Tsp.
- Asafetida powder: ½ Tsp.
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 Tsp.
- Red Chili powder: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Oil: 1 Tbsp+ enough to deep fry.
- Salt: As per taste.
How to make Aloo Gobhi Curry
- In a heavy base pan heat the oil for deep fry.
- Now deep fry the potatoes and cauliflower and set aside.
- Now in the pan heat 1 Tbsp of oil and add asafetida in it.
- Add Chopped onions.
- Sauté till golden brown.
- Now add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder.
- Cook for half a minute stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook till tomato is well mashed and oil start to separate.
- Add fried vegetables in this mixture.
- Mix well and add kasuri methi and garam Masala.
- Add ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Simmer the heat and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
More Vegetarian Recipes
- Aloo Gobhi Recipe
Aloo Gobi is made with potatoes, cauliflower, and a great blend of spices. Aloo Gobi can be served with various breads, such as rotis, parathas, and puris. Aloo gobhi is liked by kids a lot. Try it.
- Crispy Arbi.
Crispy arbi, indian cooking, how to cook crisy colocasia, tasty arbi dish, colocasia cooked, healthy cooking with colocasia, no oil cooking, cooking with arbi, arbi ki sabji, how to cook arbi vegetabl
- Stuffed Bananas Recipe
Banana is one of the most liked fruit in whole of world. It is easily available and very cheap all over the world. It is full of carbohydrates as it is generally thought but it is also full of minerals, fibers, vitamins and is very tasty and healthy.
- South Indian Lime Pickle Recipe.
curry recipes, lime pickle, how to make lime pickle, indian food, recipe for Indian, recipe for pickles, indian chef, indian cuisine recipes, lime for pickles, cooking indian food, indian food recipe
- Dal Makhani.
Dal Makhani, dal makani and naan, how to make dal makhani, dal makhani recipe. North indian cooking, dal and roti, how to make tasty dal, rajma and dal, maa ki daal, punjabi cooking, indian recipe