- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients For Andhra Chicken Recipe.
- Chicken: 1 kg.
- Onions: 2 large
- Garlic Clove: 2
- Grated coconut: 3 Tbsp.
- Cinnamon Pieces: 2 ½ Tsp.
- Ginger paste: 100 grams.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder: 2 ½ Powder.
- Coriander / Cilantro Leaves: 1 Bunch.
- Bay Leaves: 2
- Oil: 2 tbsp.
- Salt: 1 tsp.
- Water: 1 ½ cups.
- Finely chop the onions and keep aside.
- Now clean the chicken and remove the chicken.
- Grind ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and coconut flakes and make it in to a paste.
- Now take a pan with heavy base and put it on low heat.
- Now put oil in the pan and let it heat on low heat till it is hot.
- Add cinnamon, bay leaves and sauté it for a minute.
- Now add finely chopped onions and let it sauté till the onion are golden brown.
- Now add garlic, garlic, cumin and coconut paste in it.
- Sauté it for about 3 minutes or till it is little but brownish.
- Now while this is being sauté, in another pan, heat turmeric and ½ tsp of salt.
- Add this in onion mixture.
- While the onion mixture is being made, in a separate pan boil the chicken. Use pressure cooker if available.
- When chicken in boiled, transfer the chicken in the onion mixture.
- Add red chili powder to this mixture now.
- Add water and let it cook on low heat.
- When 3/4th water is nearly evaporated, check the taste of chicken, add seasoning if required.
- Sprinkle Garam Masala Powder on it and mix well.
- Chop the coriander leaves.
- Garnish the chicken with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti or rice.
More Yummy Chicken Recipes
- Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe
Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe is the traditional way of cooking chicken curry in Andhra Pradesh..this is very simple yet tasty recipe…the main ingredient in this recipe is the ground masala paste..
- Pan Fried Chicken with Cilantro Recipe
Easy to make chicken dish. Loved by children and adults alike. Can be used as snack or main dish. Not only it is very tasty but also very healthy with very less oil used.
- Sautéed Chayote in Chicken Stew.
Sautéed Chayote in Chicken Stew, grilled chicken recipes, chicken recipes, filipino cooking, recipe chicken, recipes for chicken, recipes chicken, recipes for dinner, crockpot recipes, recipes chicken
- Pesto and Ricotta Chicken Recipe..
This recipe involves a very good combination of cheese and chicken. It may not be as healthy as some other chicken dishes but in taste it is second to none. When cooked the dish is mouth watering and when served right it is very pleasing to eye. Agai
- Chicken vegetable and ginger salad Recipe.
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or as a snack. Since this dish has vegetables and white meat so this is as healthy as it can get. This is one dish which comes as a blessing for those mothers who always complain that their children eat nothing
- Recipe of Sweet And Sour Chicken.
Sweet & sour chicken is fried chicken in delicious sweet & sour sauce. Sauce is poured on the crispy fried chicken and is served immediately as soon as it is made. It has rich classic Indian flavor