- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken Stir Fry with Lots of Mushrooms
Add Lots of Red Onions
Recipes for Chicken Breast
This is an easy recipe for chicken breast stir fry, and it is easy on the pocketbook. You can be creative with this recipe and experiment using many vegetables. This is an easy way to get getting your minimum daily requirement of produce. When you are scrounging in your fridge and trying to think about ways of using vegetables before they go bad, try this recipe. Red onions add vitamins and lots of color to your stir fry--not to mention excellent taste. Remember to use an oil that can take high heat such as: Canola, Grape seed, Sesame Seed and Avocado oil.
We do stir fry at least once a week or more, and I love the opportunity to get creative with veggies and spices. And I love meal in one dinners except for the addition of couscous or brown rice.
Cook a Lot of Vegetables
Ingredients for Chicken Breasts
- 3 Whole skinned chicken breasts
- ! Cup Red Onions, Chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Cup Broccoli flowerettes
- 1 cup Yellow neck squash, Sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, CHopped
- Grape seed oil
- 1 Tablespoon each Oregano , Basil, Thyme
- 1 Cup White wine
- Smoky Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions For Chicken Breast Stir Fry
- Pound the chicken breasts until 1/2 inch thick
- Cut the chicken breasts in cubes
- Brown the garlic and onion in the oil for three minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts cubes and cook until done. Remove the cubes from the pan and set aside.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and seasonings to the frying pan. You may need to add extra oil. Cook these vegetables making sure they are still crunchy (except for the mushrooms).
- Add the chicken back to the frying pan and add one cup of wine. Cover the pot and cook for about 5 minutes or until everything is hot.
- The last item of the day for this chicken breast stir fry recipe is to enjoy eating it along with rice, couscous or pasta.
Cook Up Some Chicken
Serving Suggestions for Chicken Stir Fry
Serve the stir fry on a large platter with either brown rice or whole grain pasta. Add a green salad and you have a delicious and healthy dinner.
Try these other chicken recipes
- Easy Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
Make this delicious easy homemade chicken soup for your entire family. Enjoy this one dish dinner and make some extra for another meal.
- Chicken Curry Recipe with Mushrooms
Make chicken curry with mushrooms. This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious meal.
- Chicken Salad Recipes That Are Easy
- Chicken and Spinach Stir Fry Recipe
Chicken is so versatile with many options for cooking. Stir fry with assorted veggies is delicious, easy to make and healthful to eat.
A few other chicken breast ideas
- Cook the chicken breasts whole and add the veggies.
- Experiment with different veggies such as fennel, cabbage, potatoes, green onions, eggplant.
- Add curry and turmeric for a different taste
- If you like it hot add cayenne pepper.