Stir Fry Recipes--Chicken and Spinach
The Final Presentation
The Chicken is Cooking
Chicken Stir Fry
We eat a lot of chicken at our house, and I am always in search of new ways to prepare chicken whether using whole chicken, breasts, thighs or legs. I always have a supply of different parts of chicken in the freezer for dinner, so I always have something to cook. Also in abundance in my fridge is a lot of produce with a variety of veggies to cook with the chicken.including spinach.
I defrosted some chicken thighs and checked the fridge for what veggies were there. I had planned to make some kind of chicken stir fry. I usually use chicken breast strips but I substituted the thighs for this particular dish. I improvised with what I had and thought I would try a few new things. After all it was Oscar night and we wanted something spicy to eat as we watched the awards. The thing about cooking any recipe is that you can add and omit whatever you want. You never know what you will come up with. This chicken recipe came out really good--if I have to say so myself. My husband asked me if I wrote the recipe down for a future encore. He knows I usually just wing it and don't pay attention to the amounts of any spices I add to the food.
Some of the Ingredients for Chicken Stir Fry
Ingredients for Chicken Stir Fry
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 1 Large onion, Sliced thin
- 1 Cup Celery, Chopped
- 1 Red pepper, Chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper, Chopped
- 3 Cups Spinach, Chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup candy ginger, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Black pepper
- Sesame Oil
- 1 Cup Unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Cups Asparagus, Cut in small pieces
- Cayenne Pepper, Optional
Instructions for Chicken and Spinach Stir Fry
- Add sesame oil (enough to cover the bottom of a large frying pan). Non stick pans will need less oil.
- Add all the seasonings to the oil and stir until dissolved.
- When the oil is hot add garlic and onions and brown.
- Add the chicken thighs and brown in each side.
- Cook the chicken thighs for about 30 minutes until almost done. Check inside for pinkness.
- Remove the chicken thighs to a plate and keep warm in the oven. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Add the remainder of the veggies, except the spinach, to the oil. You may need to add a little more oil. Squeeze the juice of a lemon in the mixture.
- Cook the veggies for about 5 minutes. They should be very crisp but cooked. Add the chopped ginger.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the veggie mixture and cook for about 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the spinach to the mixture and stir it around the chicken and cook for 5 minutes and remove from the stove.
Chicken Stir Fry
Ideas for Chicken Stir Fry
- Try using a different oil-such as grape seed, olive or avocado.
- Vary your spices and seasonings and add oregano, basil, thyme, tarragon and cumin.
- Add different vegetables such as: zucchini, cabbage, green onions, cilantro, kale, green beans and butternut squash.
- Serve with rice, quinoa, potatoes, couscous or pasta.
Other Recipes with Chicken By Carol7777
- Easy Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
Make this delicious easy homemade chicken soup for your entire family. Enjoy this one dish dinner and make some extra for another meal.
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe with Veggies
This chicken salad has a different taste with a variety of ingredients and spices. It keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and even tastes better.
- Easy Recipes: My Favorite Chicken Salad
Make this delicious salad with left over chicken. This salad makes a great lunch or light supper.
- Chicken Curry Recipe with Mushrooms
Make chicken curry with mushrooms. This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious meal.
- Ideas for Dinner Using Canned Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken burgers are delicious, healthful and easy to make. Keep canned chicken breast in your pantry for these easy burgers and other meal ideas.
Health Benefits of Chicken Stir Fry
Along with a good dose of low fat protein the veggies are rich in vitamins and minerals.
You will get heavy doses of vitamin A and vitamin C. Lots of potassium and magnesium to mention a few. And the vegetables cook quickly so you retain quite a bit of the valuable vitamins.