- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Salad Recipes: Sardine Salads with Veggies
Eat sardines tonite
Salad Recipes: Cook with Sardines
There are many easy recipes for sardines with a variety of vegetables. A sardine salad is a great way to experiment with sardines for the first time. Keep a can or two in the pantry when you need a quick and very healthful meal. Sardines are full of vitamins, minerals and of course Omega 3. The sardines are easy to fix, very nutritious and tasty. Try using these little fish in different dishes which call for fish. You may be surprised at how tasty they are.
Olives perk up the sardine salad
Some of the Ingredients for Sardine Salad
- Three cans Small sardines packed in water
- Two Chopped cucumbers
- Two medium Chopped tomatoes
- One-half can Small black olives
- One large Red pepper -chopped
- One Large Head Romaine lettuce
- One Cup Chopped raw spinach
- One-half cup Chopped walnuts
- One cup Crumbled blue cheese
- One-half cup Olive oil
- One-quarter cup Lemon juice
- One-quarter cup Water
- One Tablespoon Garlic powder, Oregano, Basil, Chile powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove sardines from the can and drain the water. Set aside.
- Wash the romaine lettuce and allow to dry.
- Tear the romaine in small pieces and put in a large bowl. Add all the vegetables including the spinach.
- Toss the salad and add the walnuts, olives and 1/4 cup of blue cheese
- Mix the olive oil, water, lemon juice and spices in a sealed jar and shake briskly.
- Mix the salad dressing into the vegetable mixture and stir until everything is blended.
- Lay the sardines on top of the salad and add a squeeze of lemon over the sardines. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of blue cheese over the salad.
Healthy sardine salad
Serving Suggestions for Sardines
Serve the salad family style. Sourdough bread dipped in olive oil and garlic makes a nice addition. for one of many easy recipes for sardines.
Check out Amazon
Try These Fish and Seafood Recipes
- Fried Fish Recipe: Easy and Quick
Try this quick and easy fish recipe. Add your own touches with different spices.
- Shrimp Recipes: Shrimp Salad Ideas
Almost everyone loves shrimp. This easy shrimp salad is sure to please and can be whipped up in a few minutes.
- Easy Fish Curry Recipe
Curry sauce makes bland fish spark with flavor. This sauce is easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe: Fast and Easy
Shrimp cocktails are easy to make and a real family and friend pleaser. Always keep a bag of pre-cooked shrimp in your freezer.