Four or five ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Quick and easy five ingredient peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies.
Yes! These are the easiest of treats! Five or less ingredients! Short cooking time! And the opportunity to conform to any and all adaptations that you may want to incorporate.
My son introduced me to this simple recipe a few years back. He came home one day from school talking about how he'd learned from one of his teacher's how to make a really quick and easy peanut butter without flour!
Of course i scoffed so he proceeded to make a batch of these simple peanut butter cookies to make a believer out of me. He did!
In my opinion there is nothing better!
The treats i have created are a reverse peanut butter cup! In a miniature baking pan add a layer of the dough to the bottom, add chocolate chips, then add a layer covering the top - sealing the chips in the dough.
What you will need...
1 cup of smooth peanut butter or chunky
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips optional
Putting it together...
1. Preheat the oven at 350F degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl , stir together the peanut butter and the sugar.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg and vanilla together.
4. Add the egg mixture to the peanut butter mixture and gently stir until completely blended.
5. Shape the dough using a teaspoon scoop and roll into a ball.
6. Place each dough ball on a cookie sheet an inch (1) apart and press down to 1/8 to a 1/4 inch, chocolate chips or chosen add ins can be added hear.
7. Bake until the edges are browned, sniffing the air is a hint that the cookies are complete with a heavy smell of peanuts.
Chocolate chips or whatever you would like, peanuts, pecans, raisins or dried fruit. Even my chocolate ganache can be baked in these cookies or drizzled over the the top.
Steps of process
Shopping for peanut butter
Peanut butter recipes
- Quick Valentine's Chocolate Ganache
Wow ! Valentine's is once again upon us and chocolate will be overflowing. What an awesome thought! The 'food of the gods', will once again be available to be consumed at will. But if you are like me, you...
- Peanut Butter Blossoms (Cookie Exchange Quantity) Recipe from Betty Crocker
Watch for smiles and plenty of hugs when you pass a tray of favorite chocolate and peanut butter cookies.