Home made chicken hot and sour soup without corn starch
I have never prepared home made soup. I always used to think that they will not be as tasty as the ones served in the restaurant. However this misconception was broken when I had hot and sour chicken soup yesterday at a friend's home. It was very tasty and I actually wrote the recipe down and am planning to prepare it this weekend. I am sharing the recipe with you all. Hope you enjoy preparing it!!
- Chicken 3-4 pieces boneless
- Salt as per taste
- All purpose flour 2 tsp
- Onion small 1
- Vinegar 1 tsp
- Ginger 1/4 tsp chopped
- Garlic 1/4 tsp chopped
- Beans 2 chopped in small pieces
- Chili as per taste chopped in small piece
- Spring onion chopped in small pieces 1
- Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Celery 1 inch chopped in small piece
- Cabbage chopped 1/ 4 cup
- Cauliflower chopped 1/ 4 cup (boiled)
- Mushroom 2- 3 chopped in small pieces
- Carrots 2-3 small chopped in small pieces
- Soy sauce 1-2 tsp
- Green Capsicum 1/4 chopped in small pieces
- Yellow capsicum 1/ 4 chopped in small pieces
- Red capsicum 1/ 4 chopped in small pieces
- Chili Sauce 1-2 tsp
- Tomato sauce 1-2 tsp
- Chicken stock 2-3 cups (optional)
- Oil 1 tsp
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Boil the chicken and chop it in small pieces.
- Mix all purpose flour and water and make a thin batter and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is heated, pour finely chopped onions, chili pieces, ginger and garlic pieces and roast them till the raw smell of the ginger garlic goes away.
- Add the chopped pieces of carrots, cabbage, celery, cauliflower,mushrooms, capsicum and beans and cook till the vegetables get tender and soft. Keep stirring occasionally otherwise the vegetables might get burned or stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well
- Add salt and pepper powder and mix well with the chicken.
- In a separate bowl mix chili sauce, tomato sauce and soya sauce and blend well.
- Pour this mixture in the pan and mix well.
- Pour the chicken broth and bring the soup to a boil. In case you do not have chicken broth, you can even use plain water.
- Add the batter made with all purpose flour and boil the soup for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and stir well.
- Serve hot. Garnish with spring onion and cilantro. You can even add a small piece of butter.
- You can even roast the vegetables without oil. In this way it will be an oil free soup!!!
Hot & Sour Soup ( Vegetable) Indo-Chinese
- Lord Hanuman
- Easy,delicious and healthy Halva recipes-nutrient an...
US is a home away from home. As much as we love celebrating our Indian festivals here, we get the same pleasure when we celebrate the festivals those in US…Come October and my house gets busy gearing itself for the upcoming fests…my husband...
- Hot yogurt soup
I think that every yogurt lover should definitely try this recipe. In this spicy and sweet dish, yogurt is tempered with spices. Yogurt is usually consumed cold or in liquids. This dish however is very different from the usual yogurt recipes.This...
- different types of tasty and healthy rice recipes
Learn how to cook rice in different ways,easy and tasty recipes not to forget the nutritional value.
- Illish maach bengali style ( milk fish recipe)
Easy illish maach in mustard gravy
- Veggie rice quinoa baby food recipe ( khichdi recipe...
A healthy and nutritious food for toddlers. Mixed with the goodness of quinoa, kale , sweet potato and rice. Rich source of protein, iron and omega 3.
- Spicy and tasty Fish curry
Fish is one of the most favorite dish in the eastern India especially the West Bengal area. Not to mention it is also one of the favorite dish of my husband too and of those dishes which I do not enjoy cooking or eating much. However fish is...
- Khichdi- the comfort food
khichdi, the comfort food
- Sambhar Recipe
Sambhar is a famous South Indian dish. It is known as the most spiciest lentil soup. You can add any choice of vegetables in it and because of this factor, it is considered very healthy. Serves 2 Preparation time 15 - 20 minutes Cooking time 15...