- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How To Make Sweet Soybean Coconut Cake Desert Recipe
- Serves 4
- Has a Prep Time of 25 minutes
- **Beans need to Soak for at least 3 Hours**
- Cooking Time of 40 Minutes
This recipe is best if served with Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas!
This recipe is a Southeast Asian Cambodian Khmer Desert Recipe and uses Soybeans. In Cambodia, there are 2 types of Soybeans.
- Red or Black Soybeans are used for making Soy Sauce and Tofu.
- The other kind of Soybeans are the Green and Yellow varieties which are used to make Cakes.
- The Soybeans have to be soaked in water for several hours to soften them for easier cooking.
- They can be found in many Major Supermarkets, Health Food Stores and Asian Specialty Stores.
This recipe also calls for the use of a Steamer which can also be found in most Asian Specialty Stores or ordered online.
Let's take a look at the Ingredients:
Sweet Soybean Coconut Cake Ingredients
How To Prepare
Dried Yellow Soybeans
1 1/2 cups (150 g)
Soak in a bowl covered with Cold Water
Just a Pinch!
Palm Sugar or Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup (100g)
1 cup (250 ml)
Freshly Grated or Dried Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 cup (100g)
Sweet Soybean Coconut Cake Recipe
**Allow Soybeans to soak in a bowl of cold water for three hours before starting recipe**
- When Soybeans are finished soaking for at least 3 hours, drain them and put in a saucepan with fresh water.
- Bring Soybeans to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain Soybeans and set aside.
- Combine Salt, Sugar, Coconut Milk, Grated Coconut and the Soy Beans in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until beans are soft. Stir Constantly!
- Add the Beaten Eggs and pour mixture into a round mold (a plastic bowl will do).
- Preheat a Steamer
- Steam the Cake for 20 minutes.
- Set Aside and allow to cool before serving.
That's it! Let's top this cake with a scoop of Homemade Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas!
Just follow the link!
Chanang Tay! (That's Delicious!)
More Southeast Asian Recipes by J.S.Matthew
- How To Make Asian Cambodian Pickled Vegetables In 24 Hours
Want to learn how to make Pickles in only 24 Hours? This recipe is easy to use and takes less than a half hour to prepare, but needs to sit overnight to marinate. Unlike most pickled vegetables recipes, this recipe does not require you to go through
- How To Make Healthy Cambodian Khmer Raw Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plate Recipe
Sick of the same old salad? Want a new Healthy Recipe? This Recipe combines Raw Vegetables and Fruit with a selection of Fine Herbs and Spices. It is also a healthy dish because of the Ingredients used.
- Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA: Photo Journey
The Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA is held on the third Saturday of August every year. This article is a display of the events through Original Photos (Are You in one of them?) and descriptions of the Festival's Vendors and Events...
- About Cambodia, Srok Khmer: Facts, Fun, and Photos: A Guide To Cambodian Culture
Cambodia has a long and interesting history, including one of the worst atrocities to ever happen to a single country. The Khmer Rouge killed millions of innocent people in this genocide. This article includes recent pictures that my wife took on her
- 2 Quick Appetizer Recipes: How To Make Shrimp Fritters and Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger
Are you looking for quick, easy and delicious appetizer recipes? Then look no further! This article has 2 recipes: Shrimp Fritters and a recipe for Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger. The recipes come from Cambodia, Southeast Asia and were influenced by
- How To Make Honey Glazed Chicken: A Khmer Southeast Asian Recipe
Traditionally, this dish is cooked in an earthenware pot. These pots are usually hand-made in the Kampong Chang region. The pot is placed in a small barbecue to add a smoky flavor to the dish. The herbs and spices flavors are arroused by the content
- How To Make 3 Basic Cambodian Khmer Curry Dishes for Chicken, Seafood, or Meat and A Tangy Ham and V
One of the most enjoyed dishes in Cambodia, Southeast Asia, India and all over the world, is Curry. Curry has a very distinct aroma and taste. You can season Pork, Chicken, Beef, or Lamb with Curry, and these recipes are easy to make and don't take
- How To Make Healthy Fresh Spring Salad Summer Rolls With Shrimp Rice Paper Recipe
Many Asian cultures eat Spring Rolls (often called Salad or Summer Rolls) but this recipe comes from Cambodia, Southeast Asia. You can add shrimp or omit it depending on your desired taste.
- How To Make Green Mango, Chili Coriander, and Tamarind Asian Dipping Sauces
In the first article of this series, we explored the Basic Ingredients for Cooking Cambodian-Southeast Asian Food. One of the most common foods found in Cambodian, and many other Southeast Asian homes, that are easy to make and inexpensive, are Dippi
- My Soul Mate Found Me! A Short Essay On Karma Love and My Beautiful Cambodian Wife!
A love story about 2 people who would have never met, except for a series of unfortunate events that brought them together. Dealing with failed relationships and surviving the Khmer Rouge, an ethnic cleansing regime in Cambodia's dark past.
- Learn How To Speak and Write Cambodian: An Introduction To The Khmer Language
An introduction to Khmer, the language of Cambodia. Includes pronunciation, character/letter writing, original photos and drawings. This is the best guide for a beginner who wants to learn how to read, write, and speak Khmer Cambodian.