Meatloaf Recipe with Turkey Bacon
The Perfect Meatloaf
Recipe for Meatloaf
This recipe for meatloaf is tasty, tender and juicy. You will want an encore of this meat loaf many times. This dish is so pretty and elegant that you can serve it to your most discriminating guests. The meatloaf goes a long way and serves many people for a few dollars. Don't debate whether or not you can afford to have company for dinner because with this meatloaf you can. Enjoy trying new seasonings and different ingredients to enhance to flavor of this old time favorite.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Some of the Ingredients
Ingredients for the Meatloaf and Veggies
- One pound ground turkey
- One-half pound ground beef
- One-half pound ground lamb
- Six Strips of turkey bacon
- One Egg
- One-half cup Raw couscous
- One medium Chopped onion
- Two tablespoons Olive oil
- Two chopped garlic cloves
- One Cup Chopped mushrooms
- Two tablespoon each oregano, basil, ginger
- One teaspoon cayenne pepper, paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Four Sliced purple potatoes
- Four Sliced large carrots
- Two Sliced red peppers
- Three sliced zuchinni squash
Instructions for the Meatloaf
- Thoroughly mix the ground beef with egg and couscous.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add the spices and olive oil to the mix and blend thoroughly.
- Form an oval mound with the meat mixture and put in a 8-inch by 11-inch pyrex dish.
- Wrap the bacon strips around the meatloaf. Do not cover the baking dish while cooking.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F.
- After the meat loaf has been cooking for 45 minutes add the sliced carrots, potatoes, peppers and zucchini all around the meat loaf and season with salt and pepper. You may want to add a little extra olive oil to the veggies. Bake for 45 more minutes.
Serve the meatloaf with a green salad and crusty french bread.
Cook Up a Storm
Creative Ways to Make Meatloaf
There are many creative ways to make meatloaf.
- Add grated cheese to the raw meat mixture
- Add fresh tomatoes and jalapeno chopped peppers
- Put a layer of whipped cream cheese in the middle of the meatloaf before baking
- Pour barbecue sauce over the meat when it is half-cooked
- Use Quinoa for the basic mixture
- Soak bread crumbs in wine and add to the meat mixture.
- Add sliced tomatoes over the top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Use all ground beef, lamb or turkey for this easy meatloaf recipe.
Try some other healthful recipes
- Chicken Curry Recipe with Mushrooms
Make chicken curry with mushrooms. This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious meal.
- Easy Recipe for Chicken Curry
This is a quick and easy recipe with couscous. Try this healthy grain if you never have. Adding seasonings makes it taste wonderful and the cooking time is less than five minutes.
- Ideas for Dinner Using Kirkland Canned Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken burgers are delicious, healthful and easy to make. Keep canned chicken breast in your pantry for these easy burgers and other meal ideas.
- Curry Chicken Salad With Mango Recipe
Chicken salad is generally a favorite. Try this curry chicken salad with mango recipe to delight your family and friends