Chicken Curry and Mango Salad Recipe
Curry Chicken Salad with Mango Recipe
There is just something about chicken salad that most people love. Fortunately there are many ways to create a unique and tasty salad. Different spices and ingredients totally change the taste of the chicken salad. You can opt for chicken breasts or use dark meat or even both. For this particular salad, my preference is chicken breasts. I generally use dark meat for different chicken dishes.
We both love curry and as you can see if you checked out other recipes of mine I sneak this tasty spice in quite often--not to mention its many virtues. You can make this salad with fresh mangos, but I had some mango cubes in the freezer and thought it was a good time to use them with this recipe. Besides I always have trouble chopping a mango. Why not take the easy route-- I do whenever I can.
The recipe may appear to have a lot of ingredients, but half of them are for the dressing. This salad goes together pretty fast and you can enjoy the leftovers the next day (if there are any).
Some of the Ingredients for the Salad
Ingredients for Chicken Salad
- 4 Chicken breasts
- One Cup Mangos, Chopped
- One Cup Celery, Chopped
- One Cup Almonds, Slivered
- One Cup Mushrooms and tomatoes, Chopped
- One Cup Red and Yellow peppers, Chopped
- One Small Jalapeno pepper, Chopped and seeded
- Two Tablespoons Curry powder, The following ingredients for the dressing
- Two tablespoons Fresh ginger, Chopped
- One Teaspoon Cumin powder
- Juice of one Lemon
- One teaspoon Garlic powder
- One Tablespoon Tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One-half Cup Sour Cream
- One-quarter Cup Greek style yogurt
Instructions for Curry Chicken Salad with Mango Recipe
- Brown the chicken breasts with the jalapeno pepper, almond slivers and mushrooms adding salt and pepper to taste. Cook until completely done.
- While the chicken breasts are cooking make the dressing for the salad
- Blend all the ingredients--starting with the curry powder in the blender. Blend until completely smooth.Taste the dressing at this time to see if you want to add a little more of any of the ingredients.
- After the chicken cools, chop the chicken breasts in small cubes.
- Mix all the cooked and raw vegetables and nuts together with the chicken breasts.
- Slowly add the dressing to the vegetable and chicken mixture.
- Add the mango cubes to the salad and mix very carefully.
- Chill the salad for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- You can add extra curry if you like a strong curry flavor.
Curry Chicken Salad with Mango
Other Ingredients To Add
- Chopped cooked potatoes
- Chopped spinach
- Cooked eggplant
Different Ways to Cook with Curry
Try These Other Chicken Recipes
- Easy Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
Make this delicious easy homemade chicken soup for your entire family. Enjoy this one dish dinner and make some extra for another meal.
- Chicken Curry Recipe with Mushrooms
Make chicken curry with mushrooms. This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious meal.
- Chicken Salad Recipes That Are Easy
- Easy Recipe for Chicken Curry
This is a quick and easy recipe with couscous. Try this healthy grain if you never have. Adding seasonings makes it taste wonderful and the cooking time is less than five minutes.
- Taco Recipes: Rolled Up Chicken Tacos
Almost everyone loves tacos and chicken makes them extra healthy. Tacos are easy to make for a quick dinner.