Ideas for Dinner: Recipes for Chicken Curry
Try some couscous
Easy Recipe for Chicken Curry
There is something about the taste of curry that I find myself adding it to many different dishes. We love the spicy flavor and depth it adds to many chicken recipes. I often include couscous with the chicken as my laziness sets in and it takes less than five minutes. The chicken and couscous make a perfect marriage.
Couscous requires lots of seasonings, and other ingredients to dress it up, as it has a very bland flavor. Couscous is wheat semolina that has been crushed and rubbed. You can buy whole grain, organic or regular couscous. At the risk of repeating myself I love his grain because it takes less than five minute to cook, which is great when in a hurry. Make sure to add some oil or butter while cooking or immediately after cooking, as the couscous tends to clump. Couscous expands in volume and half-cup of dry couscous makes four generous servings.
Some of the Ingredients
Ingredients For Chicken Curry
- One cup Raw Couscous
- Two cups Water or chicken broth
- Two cups Cooked Chicken
- One cup Chopped mushrooms
- One cup Chopped yellow onions
- One cup Chopped zuchinni
- Two Garlic cloves
- One-half cup Creme fraiche
- One-half cup Greek yogurt
- One tablespoon Cider vinegar
- One-half cup Parsley
- One tablespoon each Curry powder, Turmeric, Oregano
- One teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- One teaspoon Seasoned salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grapeseed oil
- Three tablespoons Olive oil
Instructions for Couscous
- Heat grape seed oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute garlic, onion, zuchinni until golden brown in the grape seed oil.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mix creme fraiche, yogurt, vinegar, spices thoroughly in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Boil the water or chicken stock. Add couscous to the liquid Add three tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Put the lid on the pot and allow to steam.
- Add the chicken to the vegetable mixture and couscous. Cook for three minutes on a high heat. Lower the heat and add the creme fraiche mixture. and cook for about five more minutes and stir well.
- Remove the couscous and vegetable mixture from the stove and the this easy recipe for chicken curry and couscous is ready to eat and enjoy.
Serve up the Couscous
You can easily pile up the vegetables and meat on top of the couscous. If you prefer you can mix all the ingredients together.Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with a green salad.
Buy Couscous on Amazon
Try These Chicken Recipes
- Easy Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
Make this delicious easy homemade chicken soup for your entire family. Enjoy this one dish dinner and make some extra for another meal.
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe with Veggies
This chicken salad has a different taste with a variety of ingredients and spices. It keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and even tastes better.
- Chicken Curry Recipe with Mushrooms
Make chicken curry with mushrooms. This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious meal.
- Chicken Salad Recipes That Are Easy
- Chicken Breast Stir Fry Recipe
Cooking stir fry chicken is fast, easy and healthful. The chicken is tender and tasty with all the fresh veggies.