- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Low Temperature Roasting For Flavorful Meat
Low Temperature Roasting For Flavorful Meat
Roasting like grilling and barbecuing is as old as our forefathers. It has been practiced by people since the start of civilization. They just use open fire roasting specially in the open fields where they capture an animal clean it and then roast it. In our present midst we use cooking oven to do this. I usually roast pork or beef whichever is available at the fridge. They are both tasteful and delicious.
Roasting involves tying the meat of pork or the beef and you can learn this technique when you do roasting. It takes practice and you can perfect it, it is easy as it does. Look at the video here on tying pork ready to be roasted. The key to a delicious roasted meat is manner you roast it, low temperature roasting is good because it slowly turn the meat into brown and you can see that it is roasting nicely when it is turning brown and the juice (meat juice flowing).
Beef Roast with vegetables and pudding
How to tie a pork roast
Vertically rotating roasted lamb
Commercial roasting of chicken
coffee roasting -- example of roasting aside from meat roasting
Roasting Flavorful Meat
Roasting in Different Parts of the World :
Roast beef or lamb is a favorite meal in Mediterranean and in most parts of the world.
Roast beef sandwich is also preferred in England.
In the Philippines they roast the whole pig which is often served in feast or special occasions, "they call it litson". The pig is put in a bamboo and then roasted in an open fire.
In Mediterranean countries, they cook kebab -- roasted lamb in a ritating vertical spit
Low Temperature Roasting
Roasting is the treatment of heat (which is dry heat) to a meat products subjecting it to open fire or the oven. Roasting makes the color of the meat to turn brown and this is the same with the process of caramelization. Roasting makes the meat more tender and flavorful in taste.
Low Temeperature Roasting -- is the roasting of meat products in slow mode and up to more than ten hours of cooking (depending on the amount of meat products to be roasted) setting the oven at low temnperature. This is the oppostite of high temperature roasting which requires a higher temperature.
You can roast meat products like:
- Pork (whole pig) in some culture
- or coffee beans (now I want my coffee).
- Plus you can also roast some vegetables like potatoes etc
- Roasted chestnuts
For a healthy roasting you can use a rack to put the meat you are going to roast in the oven pan so that the fats and juicy oil will not be absorbed in the meat.
Tying the meat to be roasted -- this is a technique used so that the meat will be hold together and it requires practice when perfecting it
Preparing the Meat for Roasting
Preparation of the meat to be roasted for low temperature roasting
- Roasting is best for meat with large meat cuts which are tender like pork loin and beef cuts.
- Tying the meat first (look at the video here on how to tie the meat), is is simple and easy
- Sprinkle the meat with little salt plus a little bit of pepper.
- Preheat the oven up to 100'F temperature. In low roasting the meat is slowly roasting and you don't lost all the moisture on it meaning it is not dry as opposed to high temperature roasting.
- Check if the outside of the meat is brown already
- After four hours of roasting check it and usually just turn it around, roasting in low temperature is done after ten hours at the minimum
Test the roast meat if it is done by getting an instant thermometer and decide whether it is done or not yet done :
- rare -- about 130 to 135 F degree
- medium rare -- 145 to 150 F degreee
- medium -- 155 F degree
Pork and other meat
- 160 F degree
If the roasting is done let the meat sit for an hour so that the heat will still cook the meat
- List of Healthy Cooking Oils
Well, cooking oil which contains fat can be healthy too. Fat as a nutrient is needed by the body but should not be taken in excess amount because it is bad to the overall health. Excessive use of it is the...
- Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob
Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob. It is very easy to cook -- grill and boil corn and you can master it in simple steps. The basic of grilling and boiling the corn comes with a fresh corn to...
- Techniques in Cooking Dried Beans
Beans is defined as any of various leguminous plants. Beans belong to the genus Phaseolus such as the "common bean plus the runner bean, and the related genus Vigna" of the family of pea. Examples of beans...
- Techniques in Making Hot Chili Sauce
There are many chili hot sauce and many variants which are available in the local supermarkets from jalapenos, Heinz chili tomato sauce (not so chilly) and lots of South East Asian variants of hot chili...
- Fish Grilling Techniques
Fish Grilling techniques. It is summertime, fun time, summer outdoor grilling is an activity we never fail to do, and grilling fish is a superb activity because fish is healthy and nutritious. In fact,...
- The Basic Of Meat Stew :: Techniques in Stewing Meat :: Pork and Beef Stew
Stewing meat is just simply boiling it or simmering the meat with low temperature cooking. Meat stew as in pork or beef stew is just cooking meat with simmering technique of cooking meat using low temperature...
- Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue
Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue Technique. It is summertime in the Western world and we are off to a hot summer. The sweltering heat of the sun makes for a dip at the swimming pool and a good barbecue...