Butter Chicken Recipe.
Butter chicken and Tandoori Chicken was invented Kundan Lal Gujral in 1920 by just before the independence of India from British. They soon got very popular and right now one of the most popular of all Indian Chicken dishes. The inventor migrated to India at time of independence and opened restaurant Moti Mahal in Chandni chowk area. To this date Moti Mahal has several branches in Delhi and all still make it same way. This is a very rich chicken dish with lots of taste and calories. Butter literally flows over the chicken which gives it its rich taste. Butter chicken is available all over India in every nook and corner is in India it is more popular than Chicken Tikka masala. This chicken recipe is extension of Tandoori chicken so one should know how to make Tandoori chicken before trying this dish.
1. Tandoori Chicken: 8 pieces or 1 full tandoori chicken.
2. Tomatoes: 400 grams / 14 oz chopped.
3. Tomato Puree: 1 tbsp
4. Butter: 40 grams/ 1½ oz cut in to small pieces.
5. Red Onion: 1 large finely chopped.
6. Ginger and Garlic paste: 1½ Tbsp.
7. Red Chili powder: ½ Tsp.
8. Sugar: 1 pinch.
9. Ghee: 30 grams / 1 oz.
10. Water: 125ml / 4 fl oz.
11. Garam masala: ½ Tsp.
12. Ground Cumin: ½ Tsp.
13. Ground Coriander: ½ Tsp.
14. Cream: 4 Tbsp.
15. Salt to taste
16. Black grounded pepper to taste.
17. Chopped Cashew nuts and fresh coriander springs to garnish.
1. Take a blender, food processor or spice grinder and in it put onion and ginger garlic paste.
2. Now blend them well till a uniform paste is formed.
3. Now add tomatoes and blend it well.
4. Add chili powder, sugar and pinch of salt and blend well in a uniform paste.
5. Now in wok or large pan melt the ghee on a medium heat.
6. Add to it the tomato mixture and water.
7. Stir in tomato puree.
8. Bring the mixture to boil stirring it frequently.
9. Reduce the heat to simmer and simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
10. The mixture would have thickened by now, if not then simmer it for another couple of minutes.
11. Now add half the butter, garam masala, coriander and cumin.
12. Add chicken pieces.
13. Mix well till chicken pieces are well coated with the thickened sauces.
14. Simmer it for about 12 to 15 minutes till chicken is very hot.
15. Taste the sauce and add salt, chili powder if required.
16. In a small bowl lightly beat the cream.
17. From the chicken mixture take about 10 tbsp of sauce and add to cream.
18. Beat it good.
19. Now add this to chicken mixture.
20. Add remaining half of the butter on top of it so when it melts it forms a layer of butter.
21. Garnish with chopped cashew nuts and chopped coriander leaves.
22. Serve it hot with Naan or Tandoori Roti.
Do you like to try Butter Chicken
More Hubs From Me
- Dry Chana Dal
Dal or lentils are one of the staple ingredient of Indian food. Dals are easy to cook, easy to digest and full of proteins. There are many kind of dals or lentils available in markets. Chana dal is one of the most common and liked dal. Chana dal can
- Rogan Josh
Rogan Josh is the most famous of the Kashimiri cuisine. Kashmir is the northern most part of India and it is supposed to be the most beautiful place on earth. This dish has a very nice aroma which invokes feeling of hunger inside you and dish is equa
- Prawn and Pineapple Tikka
Prawn and Pineapple Tikka is one of very tasty dish. Pineapple gives this dish a definitely tangy taste while prawns are hot and spicy. This dish is not only healthy as it not only has prawns but also combine meat with fruit, but is also very yummy a
- Mattar Paneer
Mattar ( peas) paneer ( Indian cottage cheese) is a very tasty 100% vegetarian dish. Since most of Indians are strictly vegetarian and do not even eat eggs, so they have developed their own recipes for vegetables and this one is one of the tastiest o
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis