- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Recipes for Turkey and Vegetarian Burgers
Recipes for Turkey and Vegetarian Burgers
The hamburger is an American past time. However, you can vary the ingredients and still be part of this popular tradition in food. Today with a more health conscious nation and our ailing economy, many people are opting for non-traditional burgers. If you use some spices creativity and are willing to experiment a little, you can turn your turkey and vegetarian burgers into something delicious. And you may think they are just as good as the regular red meat burger. You will happily eat your new burger and enjoy an economical and guilt free meal.
There are many ways to design turkey burgers and veggie burgers, and enhance the taste with different ingredients and spices.The seasonings are unlimited to create a really tasty veggie or turkey burger to appeal to your family and friends. I am offering several basic ideas for the proverbial burger, but what you create personally with your favorite ingredients will make these burgers special.
So here is to happy and healty eating.
You can purchase ground turkey either dark or white meat, organic or regular. Ground turkey tends to have less moisture and fat, so you may want to add some liquid and healthy oil to create a juicy burger.
Have a Healthy Turkey Burger
Cook Time For Pan Fried Turkey Burgers
- One pound Ground Turkey
- One cup Cooked short grain brown rice, Quick cooking
- One-half cup Mushrooms, chopped finely
- One-half cup Red onions, chopped finely
- One-half cup red or yellow peppers, chopped finely
- One-half cup Goat cheese
- One tablespoon Oregano
- One tablespoon Basil
- One tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- Two tablespoons Olive Oil
- Two tablespoons Grape seed oil, For browning and cooking burgers
- One tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ground turkey, cooked rice, veggies and all seasonings except paprika. Mix well with your hands.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and mix well. Add the cheese and mix well again.
- Form patties with your hand making them firm. Chill for one hour.
- Heat the grape seed oil in the frying pan.
- Brown the burgers on both sides and turn the fire down to low. Sprinkle paprika on each side of the burger to darken the appearance of the turkey.
- Cook the turkey burgers until completely cooked.
Turkey Burger Recipe
Enjoy a Tasty Veggie Burger
Spruce up the Burgers
Though there are many ingredients you can use for vegetarian burgers, my two favorites are beans and rice. It is convenient for me to make these burgers as I generally have these ingredients in my pantry, and use them often for other dishes. This recipe will make 6 generous size burgers.
- Two cans of white northern beans
- Two cups of short grain brown rice
- One cup of cooked mushrooms, green onions and zucchini
- One cup of pepper jack cheese
- One egg white
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- One tablespoon of curry powder
- One-half cup of chopped parsley
- One teaspoon of dry mustard
- One tablespoon of seasoned salt
- One tablespoon of lemon pepper spice
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Canola oil for frying
- Drain the white beans and mash with a fork until fairly blended.
- Mix the beans with the rice mixture and add all the seasonings
- Chop the veggies in small pieces
- Brown the veggies until tender and set aside.
- Add the egg white,olive oil, cheese to the bean/ rice mixture. Make sure the burgers hold together well.
- Add the vegetable to the mixture and reform the burgers.
- Chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Heat the canola oil and pan fry the burgers until brown and firm.
Enjoy this healthy meal
Serving Suggestions For Burgers
Toast a whole grain or sourdough bun and add lettuce, tomatoes, onions to your turkey and vegetarian burgers.
Spread mustard or mayonnaise on the buns and you will have a real burger. Whether your choice is turkey or vegetarian burgers you know you have made a healthy selection. Add red onions, lettuce and tomatoes to enhance the burgers.
Include a mixed green salad or potato salad with your delicious burgers.
This is another version of Veggie Burgers by Melovy
Cook up some healthy meals
Try Other Healthful and Easy Recipes
- Vegetarian Curry Recipe
Cook a vegetarian dinner with lentils and rice. Add some curry powder for taste. This is an inexpensive, healthy and delicious dish.
- Pickled Carrots and Green Beans Recipe
These pickled vegetables are easy to make and a healthful snack to enjoy. You need just a few ingredients and a little time to make this recipe for pickled carrots and green beans.
- Easy Recipes for Sardine Salads with Veggies
Sardines are noted for their many health benefits. Add these little fish to you diet and find out how many easy recipes there are for sardines.
- Baked Eggplant Casserole Recipe
Eggplant parmesan casserole with lots of cheese makes a delicious dinner for the family. The ingredients also fit the vegetarian requirements.
- Recipe for Meatloaf with Turkey Bacon
You can season and add a variety of different ingredients to change and enhance the flavor of meatloaf. It is easy to make and very economical.