Delicious Light Dessert Recipes: How To Make Low Calorie Buttermilk Pound Cakes
How To Make 5 Individual Buttermilk and Vanilla Pound Cakes
This is a super easy, wonderfully versatile pound cake recipe because you can make 5 individual cakes and either give as gifts, freeze, or serve each one with a different topping.
These freeze extremely well. Wrapped in colored plastic wrap tied with a delicate bow, they also make pretty hostess gifts.
Add the recipe and perhaps a homemade sauce in a decorative container.
RECIPE FOR BUTTERMILK POUND CAKES
You will need five 5-3/4 x 3-3/4 inch loaf pans.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs (or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1-1/3 cups low-fat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray (5) 5-3/4 x 3-3/4 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Spoon flour into cup, level with knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- Place butter, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl or put in mixer bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture alternating – begin and end with flour mixture.
- Spoon the batter into 5 pans – bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool completely on rack.
This recipe makes 5 loaves, 6 servings each.
144 calories per slice.
Tips On Baking Mini Pound Cakes
- If you use pans that are not the size specified above, check sooner than the time given.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick to make sure they are done.
- Pound cakes are generally kept very simple but you can poke holes in with a cake tester and then drizzle a thin icing or a liqueur over them for a simple topping. The flavor of pound cake though needs to come through and not be overwhelmed by toppings so keep it light!
- Pound cakes make an excellent way to serve strawberry shortcake.
- Try some of the variations out there such as pumpkin pound cake or chocolate chip pound cake.
- Try some of the various Bundt pans and be creative in your presentation. Just remember to always check for doneness if using a different sized pan - with a cake tester or a toothpick.
Video on the Full Size Vanilla Pound Cake
Part 2 - Making The Pound Cake
Part 3 - Serving The Pound Cake
Buy Here On Amazon
You Can Buy Here On Amazon
More Pound Cake Ideas
- Pound Cake Recipes
I love lemon pound cake recipes and I especially love to pay particular attention to a cookbook, magazine, newspaper or even the internet, looking for that perfect, velvety look, moist and appetizingly dense...
- "million dollar cream cheese pound cake
This a picture of one of my work of arts. it's very lavishly rich, just like the Mllion dollar cream cheese pound cake. Ingredients: 1 8oz. cream cheese (soften at room temperature). 1 pd.grade A butter...
- You Like Pound Cake, What about Peach Pound Cake?
I just finished a blog about how to make corn bread dressing, so I decided I would talk about the dessert. And yes, I promise I will tell you how to fry a Cajun turkey so go ahead and make the purchase at...
- Homemade Pound Cake Recipes
Pound cake is a favored cake that is easy to make and not overly sweet. You can alter the ingredients within the pound cake or you're changing what toppings you'd prefer with your pound cake, and you'll...
- HOW TO MAKE A SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
I received this recipe about 35 years ago, and have been making it ever since, I learned to make it without the recipe. I should have named this hub,
More Pound Cake Recipe Sources
- Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe
Vanilla Pound Cake Recipes selected by the collective tastebuds of the masses from Group Recipes.
- Pound Cake Recipe With Picture - Joyofbaking.com
This Pound Cake is wonderfully rich and buttery with a lovely golden brown crust
- Mama\'s Pound Cake Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Mama's Pound Cake recipe from Paula Deen.
- Cooks.com mini-pound cake recipes
More Cooking Hubs
- Christmas Cookies And Candies - Biscotti
Another addition to Christmas cookies and candy offerings that can be part of a gift basket, a stand-alone gift in a pretty gift bag or tin, or a yummy addition to any get-together. Biscotti is...
- Christmas Candy Ideas - Broken Glass Candy
morguefile.com This is one of my favorite Christmas candy ideas for adding to gift baskets at the holidays. This recipe is a more difficult one because it involves temperature and cooking to the hard...
- Bread Pudding For Breakfast? You Bet - And Good For ...
morguefile.com Oh yes - this is a wonderfully put together recipe that you can even assemble the night before and bake in the morning. It is much like French toast but then more like - well, bread pudding! It...
- Quick And Easy Cranberry and Sour Cream Oat Bars
morguefile.com Cranberries are becoming very popular for baking in place of raisins or other dried fruits. They are being used as a topping for salads and incorporated into many recipes as their health...
- Light Recipe Sugar Cookies
morguefile.com Again the cookbook The Best Light Recipe cookbook from cooks.com has come through with this 90-calorie version of an all-time favorite. Please note my suggestions below for variations. Makes...
- Light Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies
morguefile.com I think these are the best light recipe I've discovered for chocolate chip cookies and they are only 100 calories! I found the recipe in Best Light Recipe by Cooks.com, however, I use a...
- Light Recipe Oatmeal Cookies
morguefile.com I think these are the best light recipe I've discovered for oatmeal cookies! I found this recipe in the wonderful cookbook I would review as definitely The Best Light Recipe by cooks.com....
- Light Recipe Peanut Butter Cookies
morguefile.com The best light recipe for peanut butter cookies, but best to use dry-roasted salted peanuts. If you are concerned about sodium content, you can substitute reduced-salt or unsalted peanuts. For...