Vegetarian Recipes: Use Leftover Vegetables
Some vegetable suggestions for Stir Fry
Vegetarian Recipes for left over veggies
Try this vegetarian recipes using some of those left over vegetables in your fridge. The stir fry method of cooking is an easy way to use left over vegetables to make a quick, easy and economical dinner. Go through your fridge and bring out all the fresh as well as sad looking vegetables that you were thinking of throwing out and cook them up. Don't worry if the veggies are a bit soft or even bruised as they often will cook up just fine. You will feel very self-righteous that you are using vegetables that you may have otherwise thrown away. I made a dinner the other night with a wide variety of left over veggies, actually ones that I have never put together in one dish. I got rave reviews from my husband.
Ingredients For Vegetarian Recipes
- Eggplant, (this is optional)
- Colorful peppers
- Green beans
- One clove Fresh garlic
- 1/4 Cup Sesame, Grapeseed or Canola Oil
- 1 Cup White wine
- One Tablespoon each Tarragon, Basil, Rosemary, Oregano
- One teaspoon Chile powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh tomatoes
Other Vegetables to Use
Instructions For Vegetarian recipes
- Chop all the veggies you have selected into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in the frying pan. Brown garlic clove.
- If you are using eggplant-cut in small pieces and brown in the frying pan for 15 minutes. You may need to add extra oil.
- Add the rest of your vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
- If you want to make this dish for non-vegetarians add a cup or two of chopped chicken or beef.
- Mix your seasonings in the cup of wine and pour over the veggies.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the rest of the vegetables are tender.
Remember: You can use any veggies for vegetarian stir fry. I have made a few suggestions but you can try others like: mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, pea pods, beans, squash etc. There are so many vegetables you can enjoy with vegetarian recipes.
Cook with Vegetables
Other Healthful Recipes by Carol7777
- Green Beans and Carrots Recipes
These pickled vegetables are easy to make and a healthful snack to enjoy. You need just a few ingredients and a little time to make this recipe for pickled carrots and green beans.
- Caesar Salad Recipe with Homemade Croutons
- Bean Soup: Make Easy White Bean Soup
Bean soup offer many health benefits in the way of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Add lots of different veggies to add taste and vitamins. And to boot, it is easy to make.
- Tomato Sauce and Mayonnaise Recipes-From Scratch
Make your own recipes for tomato sauce and mayonnaise, and save money. The sauces are fresh and taste excellent and you can cut down on buying canned sauces and mayonnaise.