- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Chinese Chicken Breast with Garlic
Stir Fry Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Stir Fry Chicken with Garlic
Ingredients for chicken:
4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon white grape juice
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
1/2 thinly sliced green or red pepper
1 egg white
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
3 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
Rice (cook according to instructions on package)
Ingredients for sauce:
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon water
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons white grape juice
1. Chicken needs to be placed in freezer for 1 to 2 hours where it is very firm but not frozen. Slice crosswise into thin shreds.
2. In small bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add the cornstarch and grape juice listed above for the chicken. Stir the cornstarch until it is dissolved.
3. Add the chicken and mix well to coat all pieces. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
4. While waiting for the chicken to set with the mixture, prepare the onion, green pepper, gingerroot and garlic.
5. Combine Sauce ingredients and mix well.
6. Heat wok or frying pan, add oil, and stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon to avoid excess oil.
7. Add onions, ginger and garlic to wok and fry for about 30 seconds, until ginger and garlic are fragrant but not brown.
8. Return chicken to wok. Stir the sauce ingredients again to make sure it is well mixed and add to wok.
9. Cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is well coated with the mixture and the mixture is hot and bubbly and thickens slightly. Turn off heat and splash with 1 teaspoon of dark sesame oil. Serve over a bed of rice. Makes 4 servings.
Find more Chinese Recipes on Recipe Collection 1 along with recipes for cheesecake, coffee, barbecue recipes, chicken wings, and recipes for the slow cooker.
Chinese Chicken Breast with Garlic Review
Norpro 10-Piece Wok Set
Lodge Pro-Logic P14W3 Cast Iron Wok
Wok on the Wild Side Mug
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
- Sunshine Cheesecake
Cheese puts me in pure ecstasy. The days of the plain old cheesecake are gone. My favorite is cherry cheesecake. However, I like to try different recipes. Cheesec...
- Someone Say Shrimp?
Taste the succulent and delightful goodness of shrimp. These small crustaceans can be served hot or cold. They are one of the most popular appetizers in the United States. Raw shrimp is low in calories and saturated fat. Shrimp are an excellent sourc
- BBQ Recipes for Your Grill
Summertime is the time for picnics and just cooking out in the backyard. Many people will grill hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, chicken, pork chops, steak,and fish.Today, I will share with you a couple of barbecue recipes that are easy to make and so de
- Recipes for All
Good tasting recipes from Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup what came from my head and finally written it down. Will include recipes from other sites and bloggers. If you would like to see your recipe here, send me a message.
Some Sandyspider on Hubpages
- Knowing St. Patrick
St. Patrick's Day is celebrated on March 17th. This is the day of his death on 460 A.D. St. Patrick with Shamrock and Crozier March 17 is St. Patricks Day. This is the day St. Patrick, the patron saint...
- Valentines Day Vintage Stamps
Vintage Valentine stamps come custom made from an online shops like Zazzle. I love this site, in fact I am addicted to it. Zazzle is a high quality, fast shipping, online shop where print on demand postage...
- Cheddar and Ham Cheesecake
Often when you think of cheesecake, you think of dessert. There is nothing better than a creamy smooth rich Cherry Cheesecake. But what you might not know is cheesecake can be for breakfast too. OK, I...
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
Ingredients: 6 large bell peppers (green, red or yellow) 1 lb ground beef 1 small onion, finely diced 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/2 teaspoon sage 1/2...
- Potato Casseroles
I love to cook. I am one of those cooks who often create her own recipe without even writing it down. This irritates people who would like a copy of one of my homemade recipes. Then I have to think the...
- Starting a Zazzle Shop
Searching through your photographs you find a photo of Aunt Harriet proudly holding her overgrown Zucchini. Her birthday is coming up. She already has everything and she is so hard to please. How can she...
- Chicken Teriyaki
If you are into Japanese food, then this is a great tasting and easy to make recipe that your family will enjoy. It serves a family of four. I have had this recipe for years. The serving sizes are a little...
- High Price of Ink and Saving with BigCrumbs
Watching TV, a comedian was saying that he just bought a new printer for $46 and then paid $76 for the ink. I found this amusing and ironic since I was expecting two shipments of ink cartridges anytime soon....
The copyright to this article is owned by Sandy Mertens (sandyspider). Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on HubPages to read the remainder of the article.)
© 2010 Sandy Mertens