jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Fun after-school snack foods kids will love that are good for them to eat.

1. Hope Wilbanks profile image69
    Hope Wilbanksposted 9 years ago

Fun after-school snack foods kids will love that are good for them to eat.

2. ahmad youssef profile image65
    ahmad youssefposted 8 years ago

Every kid love to eat snack foods , but i think  you should not let your kids eat snack food after school.    they should eat healthy food , ok let them eat  snack foods 2 times per week.

3. csd1509 profile image68
    csd1509posted 8 years ago

it's all a manner of presentation.
    if the mother cuts all types of fruit nicely and puts it  down on the table in a short time there will be nothing left in our home we always snack on nicely cut vegetables or fruit after school and then wwe eat supper

4. Username Amanda profile image60
    Username Amandaposted 8 years ago

I discovered that if I put fruit in the fridge the kids will eat them more than if they are room temp. A nice cold crisp apple is a treat on a summer day!

5. margaretlayton profile image55
    margaretlaytonposted 8 years ago

Hope,

The idea of an apple is sometimes boring as an after-school snack. But if you slice it up and spread peanut butter on the slices it not only looks appetizing but tastes great.

When you get the kids involved with slicing, spreading, etc., then you really have a 'winner' of a snack. I bet you'll be preparing more than one!

read my hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Breakfast-on-th … y-and-Neat for another amazing treat

6. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

I recently discovered humus dip.  Dipping baby carrots and sliced radishes in it makes a delicious snack.  The carrots and radishes are good, and the humus is probably at least OK.

7. Leenie Pooh profile image60
    Leenie Poohposted 8 years ago

Boboli now makes whole wheat pizza crusts and in the personal pizza size. Stash some of those in your fridge along with pizza or pasta sauce, some shredded mozzerella and a few veggie toppings and they can make their own pizzas.

Variation: use whole wheat English muffins in place of the Boboli crusts.

8. frankiesoup profile image60
    frankiesoupposted 8 years ago

I think it's more about the grown up's attitude where kids and healthy food are concerned. With younger kids, if you offer them things like apples and carrot sticks in a way that makes it sound like a treat ("Ooh - I could really go for a big bowl of fruit salad right now, do you want some? It's my favourite.") then kids will be interested. Also, I think margaretlayton was right when she said to get kids involved in making food fun. You can get plastic sandwich cutters that make dinosaur shapes in bread, and simple plastic cookie cutters (plastic so that there are no cut fingers) work well too. If you use wholemeal bread with a salad filling, there's a lot of slow release energy there as well as vitamins so it's a really good snack. Also, porridge with a spoonfull of cocoa and one of sugar is not too unhealthy and because of the chocolate flavour will feel like a real treat. The oats give essential fibre, the milk provides calcium and as a wholegrain product, it's just generally good all round!

9. rsusan profile image74
    rsusanposted 7 years ago

Hope, kids also love a glass of freshly made veggie juice! Allow them to come up with a name for their very own concoction - just know that it is bound to be something disgusting such as vampire blood for a beet juice recipe... This is quick to prepare and gives them an instant nutrient boost

working