Momma's cooking vs your cooking

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. cindyvine profile image82
    cindyvineposted 9 years ago

Momma's cooking vs your cooking

2. Bob Ewing profile image52
    Bob Ewingposted 9 years ago

I enjoy cooking; my mother did not. She made a real effort to
    see we ate well and the ingredients were always good but her heart and mind was
    not in cooking. 

She liked to work and had a job as an office manger with a
    certified public account.... read more

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 9 years ago

I enjoyed my Mother's cooking more than I do my own.  She was not professionally trained and did not always use a proper technique, but her love came through in every meal she served and that is paramount to good cooking.

4. J Burgraff profile image72
    J Burgraffposted 8 years ago

My cooking hands down.  I don't think my mother ever really enjoyed cooking.  She also grew up in an era where Betty Crocker ruled and didn't have the experience of eating in a lot of ethnic restaurants to broaden her food sensibilities.  I've been very lucky in that regard.

5. Tracy711 profile image71
    Tracy711posted 8 years ago

I think my cooking will never be as good as my moms. She could make anything and it was fabulous. She never went to any kind of sooking school but her experience came from cooking three meals a day seven days a week. And she made some dishes that I actually crave to this day. I think when you love to cook you just get really good at it. It has to come from somewhere within you. I know when I don't feel like cooking a certain dish it just doesn't come out right. Even though I've made it hundreds of times. But when I want to make a certain dish it comes out so perfect. So i think we can all be good cooks. With plenty of practice but you also need to have a certain love for it. Now cooking as good as my mom, maybe someday..

6. creativecook profile image52
    creativecookposted 8 years ago

Both!  I learned to love to cook because my mother wasn't afraid to let me make a mess.  She didn't love to cook like I do, but was happy to let me learn and love.  By the time I was 13 or 14 I was cook supper every evening and I enjoyed.  Today I cook for my family and enjoy making things from scratch and trying new flavors and combinations.  Her food is still yummy when I visit, but I like mine too.

7. profile image46
    Jdwhitposted 8 years ago

I learned to cook as a boy scout. The last award I received before quitting scouting was the 360 night camping award. If you spend a year of your life camping, you learn to cook or starve. Growing up I loved both of my grandmothers cooking as well as my Mom’s. Both my grandmothers are gone and while my Mom still gets around, her cooking is not what it used to be. Luckily I spent hour watching all three cook and can closely recreate their best dishes.

8. Mama Sez profile image69
    Mama Sezposted 8 years ago

She had no formal cooking lessons but is indeed remarkable in the kitchen.  She inspired me. 
    I think my 'repertoire' got wider than hers and I am now a better cook but I will forever be indebted to my Mom and will always admire her.

9. JON EWALL profile image74
    JON EWALLposted 8 years ago

Dear Hubbers

Momma's cooking is always number 1.As hard as you can try momma's is the best.
    Try competing with her with this recipe book

AMERICAS SECRET RECIPES
    Uncover the best restaurants cooking recipes used by world
    class chefs from famous restaurants. Start making Americas most
    Wanted easy dinner recipes in your own kitchen.
    http://chicagoconsultant.com/special/secretrecipes

Good Luck

Jon E

10. Jay Louidor profile image60
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

I've become pretty good at cooking. My family is saying I'm neck to neck with my mom. Mom don't like that too much.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)