jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Momma's cooking vs your cooking

1. cindyvine profile image83
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

Momma's cooking vs your cooking

2. Bob Ewing profile image40
    Bob Ewingposted 8 years ago

I enjoy cooking; my mother did not. She made a real effort to
    see we ate well and the ingredients were always good but her heart and mind was
    not in cooking. 

She liked to work and had a job as an office manger with a
    certified public account.... read more

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 8 years ago

I enjoyed my Mother's cooking more than I do my own.  She was not professionally trained and did not always use a proper technique, but her love came through in every meal she served and that is paramount to good cooking.

4. J Burgraff profile image74
    J Burgraffposted 8 years ago

My cooking hands down.  I don't think my mother ever really enjoyed cooking.  She also grew up in an era where Betty Crocker ruled and didn't have the experience of eating in a lot of ethnic restaurants to broaden her food sensibilities.  I've been very lucky in that regard.

5. Tracy711 profile image76
    Tracy711posted 8 years ago

I think my cooking will never be as good as my moms. She could make anything and it was fabulous. She never went to any kind of sooking school but her experience came from cooking three meals a day seven days a week. And she made some dishes that I actually crave to this day. I think when you love to cook you just get really good at it. It has to come from somewhere within you. I know when I don't feel like cooking a certain dish it just doesn't come out right. Even though I've made it hundreds of times. But when I want to make a certain dish it comes out so perfect. So i think we can all be good cooks. With plenty of practice but you also need to have a certain love for it. Now cooking as good as my mom, maybe someday..

6. creativecook profile image52
    creativecookposted 8 years ago

Both!  I learned to love to cook because my mother wasn't afraid to let me make a mess.  She didn't love to cook like I do, but was happy to let me learn and love.  By the time I was 13 or 14 I was cook supper every evening and I enjoyed.  Today I cook for my family and enjoy making things from scratch and trying new flavors and combinations.  Her food is still yummy when I visit, but I like mine too.

7. profile image45
    Jdwhitposted 8 years ago

I learned to cook as a boy scout. The last award I received before quitting scouting was the 360 night camping award. If you spend a year of your life camping, you learn to cook or starve. Growing up I loved both of my grandmothers cooking as well as my Mom’s. Both my grandmothers are gone and while my Mom still gets around, her cooking is not what it used to be. Luckily I spent hour watching all three cook and can closely recreate their best dishes.

8. Mama Sez profile image72
    Mama Sezposted 8 years ago

She had no formal cooking lessons but is indeed remarkable in the kitchen.  She inspired me. 
    I think my 'repertoire' got wider than hers and I am now a better cook but I will forever be indebted to my Mom and will always admire her.

9. JON EWALL profile image74
    JON EWALLposted 8 years ago

Dear Hubbers

Momma's cooking is always number 1.As hard as you can try momma's is the best.
    Try competing with her with this recipe book

Uncover the best restaurants cooking recipes used by world
    class chefs from famous restaurants. Start making Americas most
    Wanted easy dinner recipes in your own kitchen.

Good Luck

Jon E

10. Jay Louidor profile image61
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

I've become pretty good at cooking. My family is saying I'm neck to neck with my mom. Mom don't like that too much.