jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are things you can cooker in a rice cooker other than rice?

1. luvintkandtj profile image73
    luvintkandtjposted 7 years ago

What are things you can cooker in a rice cooker other than rice?

2. Andy Cowan profile image60
    Andy Cowanposted 7 years ago

There are plenty of things that you can use a rice cooker to make. On the Zojirushi website you can find details of a range of things that you can cook.

http://www.zojirushi.com/user/scripts/u … ricecooker

Personally I like to cook oatmeal as well as rice dishes where I just throw in a load of other ingredients including meat, vegetables, little bit of a stock cube and some herbs and spices.

3. IGotSunshine profile image52
    IGotSunshineposted 7 years ago

You can use it as a slow cooker for veggies or meat, too. Or you can stack a steamer on top and steam whatever you like at the same time you cook your rice. It saves a lot of time and energy.

4. Alina R profile image60
    Alina Rposted 5 years ago

You can make so many things in your rice cooker! I have baked a cake, and made soup, as well as beans and grains.  I also have a steam function.  You can steam vegetables to which you can add back the water which was used for steaming (and/or you can add some cream), spices, put through a blender and you have a nice soup.  I use the steamer to make baby food as well.  You can even meat, as your rice cooker can be used as a slow cooker, and towards the end you can add vegetables, grains or rice for a full meal.