jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can green bell peppers be frozen, and if so, how do I prepare them for freezing?

1. profile image48
    gardencookerposted 7 years ago

Can green bell peppers be frozen, and if so, how do I prepare them for freezing?

I have an abundant of green peppers from my garden, and I am trying to figure out a way to preserve them.  I have already shared many with my friends/neighbors, but have many left.

2. Doc Humphreys profile image53
    Doc Humphreysposted 7 years ago

Slice them up and put them in a freezer bag and freeze them. They will only keep about 6-8 months and will be only good as an additive for cooking.

3. NoRR4Me profile image81
    NoRR4Meposted 7 years ago

Yes as Doc Humphreys said you can clean, dry and slice them up and freeze them. You could also use them to prepare things like sauces, etc then freeze it for later.

If you still have way too many, you can donate them to a food bank or a meals on wheels type program that prepare meals everyday for the needy. In this awful economy, they would probably appreciate it very much.

4. profile image48
    gardencookerposted 7 years ago

Thank you for both of your replies.  Tomorrow I will start to freeze some of them.  Also, thanks for the idea of the food bank.  I will be bringing all of my surplus vegetables there - I never even thought of it before - thanks again.

working