1. EnergyAdvisor profile image75
    EnergyAdvisorposted 7 years ago

What are your thoughts about raw food?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Love salad, have it nearly every day.

3. Sterling Carter profile image74
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

That is a rather vague question, so I will assume that you mean raw fruits and veggies over cooked rather than raw meats.

There is a lot to eating raw fruits and veggies but they had better be from your garden and orchard/vineyard.

The reason I say this is because of the need to harvest our produce early. This is done because of the shipping distance and the time it take to get the produce on the store shelves.

This early harvest prevents the important phytonutrients from being able form in the fruits of the plant. The only caveat to this that I can think of may be the leafy greens such as spinach and lettuce.

Everything else is just fiber and water. There is actually very little nutrition in them.

This is for the fresh produce that is displayed in the produce section of our stores. The good stuff is actually in the freezer section. Yep that's right the freezer section. These foods are picked too ripe to ship and therefore are frozen to preserve them.

They are still raw and they actually have a higher nutritional value to them.

working