I need a chocolate sorbet recipe for cuisinart ice cream/sorbet maker
A dark chocolate would be preferred.
• 600ml water
• 200g caster sugar
• 50g cocoa powder
• 50g good quality dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids ,
broken into small pieces.
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl and add the caster
sugar and mix.
• Bring the water to the boil in a medium saucepan.
Whisk in the sugar and cocoa and return to a gentle
• Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, whisking
occasionally. Remove from the heat and add the
chocolate and vanilla stirring until the chocolate has
• Cool the mixture, then put in the fridge for several
or overnight until well chilled.
• Make the sorbet in an ice-cream machine or pour
into a rigid plastic container, preferably bowl shaped,
and freeze until frozen 3cm from the edges.
• Whisk to break down the ice crystals, freeze again for
• Whisk and freeze again one more time, then leave
until completely frozen.
• Before serving, transfer to the fridge for at least 20
minutes to make serving easier.
by Carol Ivasiuk7 years ago
how to make sorbet or sherbert without an ice cream maker
by Deb Hirt4 years ago
If you could get any any flavor of ice cream that you wanted, what would it be?
by savateuse2 years ago
If you were only allowed ONE flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, which would it be?Imagine that you have to choose one flavor of ice cream now, and you can never change that choice. Would it be plain old...
by Claudia Tello5 years ago
Is it possible to make ice-cream at home without an ice-cream maker machine?I am looking for a way to make ice-cream, the old-fashioned way, without using an ice-cream maker machine....
by tiginban6 years ago
I have to say I had some dynamite gelatos in Italy. Is it the best in the world?
by Randall Pruitt5 years ago
What is everyone's favourite flavor of ice cream? I love chocolate! Do you add special toppings?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.