jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

In your opinion what state has the best barbecue?

1. ladyjane1 profile image82
    ladyjane1posted 7 years ago

In your opinion what state has the best barbecue?

2. GmaGoldie profile image77
    GmaGoldieposted 7 years ago

Austin, Texas - yummmmmm!  Texas food is fresh and simply amazing.

3. lifeinprime profile image65
    lifeinprimeposted 7 years ago

North Carolina!  I'm a former Floridian, and my state is not known for BBQ!  So when I ordered a bbq pork sandwich topped with white slaw at the Barbecue House in Oak Island, NC,  I was taken aback--until I tasted the sandwich.  It was awesome, so flavorful!  Try it!  You WILL like it.

4. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Hands down...it's Texas. I've been fortunate enough to travel around the country over the years and sample various forms and barbecue cultures. Texas tends to cook the entire spectrum as opposed to just focusing on pork. The sauce is tangy and spicy as well as nice to look at.  The texture of the meats is fantastic and the tenderness is oh so nice!  There is some good competition out there but nothing comes close! LOL! WB

5. SizzleGrove profile image56
    SizzleGroveposted 7 years ago

While it's difficult to answer that without having really travelled down the barbecue trail, the style that I find most appealing is the South Carolina or Tennessee style of barbecue.  Heavy use of mustard, vinegar, and spicy dry rubs, and pork-centric.  However, it's all a matter of personal taste.  No one style of barbecue is better than another.

working