How to make Honeycomb candy
I know you use Bicarbonate of Soda, but do you have a recipe with method?
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Honeycomb Candy Instructions
1. Grease a cookie sheet. You can use oil, butter, or non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add the sugar, honey, and water to a saucepan. You can stir the mixture, but it isn't necessary.
3. Cook the ingredients over high heat, without stirring, until the mixture reaches 300°F. The sugar will melt, small bubbles will form, the bubbles will become larger, then the sugar will start to carmelize to an amber color.
4. When the temperature reaches 300°F, remove the pan from heat and whisk the baking soda into the hot syrup. This will cause the syrup to foam up.
5. Stir just enough to mix the ingredients, then dump the mixture onto the greased baking sheet. Don't spread out the candy, as this would pop your bubbles.
6. Allow the candy to cool, then break or cut it into pieces.
7. Store the honeycomb candy in an airtight container.
by Susan Reid6 years ago
As I poured my Kashi Go Lean into a bowl the morning I noticed a kernel with a familiar shape. It looked a lot like a "Sugar Smack" (except not shiny with sugar).That brought me back to some of the fun and...
by megs787 years ago
Hi everyone,I know this is a gross topic, but I'm finding it difficult to find any answers about this.My daughter is 6 and seems to have a problem with candy and chocolate. Actually anything sweet. She will...
by ashatt5 years ago
Does anyone know some great alternative ingredients when baking to stay vegan?(besides apple sauce?)I have a side baking business and I have a woman who is interested in some of my stuff, but she is strictly vegan!
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.