jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Could you go one week without eating meat? A month? A year?

1. fooduciary profile image61
    fooduciaryposted 7 years ago

Could you go one week without eating meat? A month? A year?

2. freecampingaussie profile image64
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

maybe a day if you come up with something amazing to replace it !

3. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

Nope! I eat meat with every meal because I can't get the protein or iron my body needs to subsist otherwise. I've tried beans, etc. but it just doesn't work for me. smile

That's one of the reasons why I raise my own meat animals. smile

4. bulalo profile image61
    bulaloposted 7 years ago

I've done 1 week without meat and it was easy.

But a month... it would be difficult because there's always meat wherever I turn.

If I don't go through the hassle and cost of preparing a vegetarian diet though, it's a different story.

Food is simply sustenance for me, I don't really care if my protein comes from animals or plants.

5. weholdthesetruths profile image61
    weholdthesetruthsposted 7 years ago

I've done it 46 years.  Not difficult at all.   In fact, I find meat repellent.

6. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

NO...Never !!   I once stayed the weekend with hubbys friends who are vegetarians..the food was nice but couldnt wait to get home for a lovely juicy sirloin Steak !!

7. C.V.Rajan profile image80
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

Perhaps you don't know that there are millions and millions of strict vegetarians living in India from time immemorial.

8. Multiflavour profile image57
    Multiflavourposted 7 years ago

one week yes. I replace with beans and pulses and make nice minestrone soups.

In a  month in rare cases but a bit difficult to do without. In a year not at all. It is good sometimes to get a nice juice steak and nice sandwich with ham.

Even though I try to avoid meat and not to eat it every day on the other hand I believe that a good diet is a diet who does not forsake anything. We need to eat a bit of everything to have a healthy life.

9. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 7 years ago

Yes, many vegetarian and vegan are doing for years! and are healthy but it is personal choice.

10. 61MT profile image40
    61MTposted 6 years ago

I probably could if I wanted to, but the problem is that I don't want to.  I don't want to give up meat because it tastes so good.