jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some good vegetarian foods to grill?

1. timmartin profile image
    timmartinposted 7 years ago

What are some good vegetarian foods to grill?

I recently got a grill in my backyard and would like to use it more.

2. kookoo88 profile image59
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

veggie kabobs are one of the best.  Peppers, tomatoes, onions and whatever else you like are a good choice.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

I cook a lot of mushrooms and peppers with olive oil on my grill. On my kamado BBQ, I also BBQ vegetarian pizza.  I have to say I'm a meat person so I usually do the vegetarian  options as sides.

For vegetables try some truffle salt, drizzle with olive oil and grill until they are sone to your taste. Works great for peppers, onions, asparagus and others

4. Iontach profile image83
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Quorn sausages, falafels, corn on the cob, battered mushrooms, vegiburgers, potatoes... yummm

5. StarCreate profile image71
    StarCreateposted 7 years ago

I just write a hub about this, but because I am new I am not sure about the protocols to linking to it... so I'll let you find it if you're interested! 

The main point of it is that many vegetables can be cooked directly on the grill, although they often need a little extra oil or moisture added to prevent burning or sticking.  The tastiest way to achieve that is with a delicious herby marinade.  You can make kabobs/kebabs out of small marinaded chunks, but if it's a family meal (rather than entertaining and trying to make stuff look, as well as taste, impressive), I tend to either place thick sliced veggies directly on the bars, or use a mesh basket to cook smaller bits that might otherwise fall through.

As well as using fresh veggies don't forget most stores also carry a range of vegetarian sausages, burgers etc.  These vary massively in taste and quality, but are worth experimenting with, especially if cooking for a mixed crowd who expect their protein to look like protein.  If you're a veggie you will know what I mean!

working