jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Would you rather eat at a chain restaurant or a independent restaurant?

1. PinotsHub profile image58
    PinotsHubposted 7 years ago

Would you rather eat at a chain restaurant or a independent restaurant?

2. Rusty C. Adore profile image95
    Rusty C. Adoreposted 7 years ago

Depends on the food and service. Whether a restaurant is a chain or independent doesn't really matter to me. If I'm going to be spending money I want the food to be great and the service to be friendly.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

My wife worked in the kitchens of a restaurant in 1971, I've never eaten in a restaurant since.

4. wytegarillaz profile image76
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

I like to try individual take aways for hamburgers for new taste in food .+ it is good to help out the smaller individual businesses !
    Same for restaurants , with chains you know what it is going to taste like even before you get there.
    Part of the fun of travel is to experience new taste.
    Some times tho it can be handy calling into a chain for toilets & knowing that you can get a cheap ok deal.

5. petulantM profile image82
    petulantMposted 7 years ago

I'm fortunate in that I've lived in large cities for most of my life that have had lots of dining options.  That being said, I love supporting mom and pop independent restaurants when I'm confident in the food ingredients (I'm vegetarian).  If traveling, sometimes I'll pick a chain restaurant, as you can rely on the consistency of ingredients and taste.

6. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 7 years ago

I love independent places.  If the service and food are good, I like to support them.

7. mcrawford76 profile image84
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

I would like to say that I like independents more, but usually I'm not feeling that adventerous when it comes to my food so I go where I already know what I like and that it's safe.

8. kmcmichael profile image66
    kmcmichaelposted 7 years ago

For the most part, independent. I live in Athens, GA and we have TONS of independent restaurants with unique and delicious food. But I am also a sucker for Chili's and On The Border!

9. Susan Trump profile image61
    Susan Trumpposted 3 years ago

I do not eat in chain restaurants, multiples (locations) maybe, but not chains.  The factor is chain restaurants prepared their line of products in a central location and use preservatives to get their goods to your location.  The ingredients in sauces and packaged products can include all kinds of things I just don't eat.  For me, it's a matter of toxicity. 

I don't use packaged or prepared foods at home, so it's a personal issue with health at the forefront.  I don't eat corporate food and write about it on hubpages.   The whole pre-cooked, pre-packaged and chemically delivered thing is wrong for me.  My former life as a restaurant owner taught me a lot about what you can and cannot deliver to the public.  You need to know your source if you care about your body.