jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What is your favorite ethnic food & why?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image82
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite ethnic food & why?

2. LiamBean profile image87
    LiamBeanposted 7 years ago

I guess it still has to be Thai. It's bright, fresh, clean, complex and interesting all at the same time.

3. steeeeve9 profile image55
    steeeeve9posted 7 years ago

hmmm this is very tough for me to answer....probably Indian cuisine or ethnic Chinese food (not American-Chinese food)...
    I love the butter and spices used in Indian, the spiciness that carries with it the different layers of flavor... 
    I also love the flavors used in Chinese food and how you can eat lots with out feeling gross from the oil, like in American food. I really love all of it; the dumpling, vegetables, all of it, especially the Chinese bakery food.... big_smile yum...probably not the best answer..

4. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 7 years ago

I have to agree with LiamBean...Thai is wonderful. I especially love Phad Thai.....

5. gclitty profile image91
    gclittyposted 7 years ago

I think the best ethnic food I've ever had in my life was the sugar orange chicken I had in China when I was thirteen.  I don't remember the exact name, but I do remember that it had some sort of sugar coating.  I know that sounds gross, but I remember it being really quite good.

6. instantlyfamily profile image81
    instantlyfamilyposted 7 years ago

I could eat mexican food 7 days a week. In one form or another.

7. sharing the sky profile image66
    sharing the skyposted 7 years ago

Wow, good question. I have a hard time with superlatives so this has got me thinking. I feel like I've been fortunate enough to have tasted a relatively wide variety of ethnic food over the years. I find that I respond to cravings most often for Korean and Mexican food with some Mediterranean food sprinkled in as well. I also think that's the case because I was surrounded by some quality Korean and Mexican food where I lived so I have good memories.

8. RachaelLefler profile image98
    RachaelLeflerposted 7 years ago

oh wow, this is tough. I really like Mexican, Thai, and Chinese but I'd have to say Greek. Something about it, it's light and healthy, not way too much food, which I like. It's also not too spicy but often sweet and I love Baklava. I'm not sure if that's Greek or just sort of Eastern Europe in general because I also know a good Polish hot dog place that sells it.

9. marketingnotesja profile image61
    marketingnotesjaposted 7 years ago

My favourite ethnic food is Chinese !Sweet and Sour Chicken! with won-ton soup. I am Jamaican and our food is pretty unique and has its own blends of flavour, but eating Chinese food brings back a whole lot of memories and in a strange way allows me to remember when my Grandmother was alive. That was the last thing we ate together.

Thank you for this question..... I am experiencing a whirlwind of emotions.

10. ThunderKeys profile image65
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

Falafel in Israel is one of the most delicious treats you can ever have on earth!

11. bushraismail profile image60
    bushraismailposted 7 years ago

i love indian for the spice and flavour and the freshness and the richness of ingredients.. mmmmmmm...its makin my mouth water..
    i love indian food not the  sweets.
    next italian
    next chinese
    next mexican
    next american he he hee
    at the top i should write sri lankan..as i eat it everday its not special.
    if u come to srilanka make sure u have the kiribath and sambol. the kottu too.
    i have a hub on kottu..see if u like it!its awesome.

12. profile image52
    nabar468posted 7 years ago

Adobo Chicken.
    Its classic Filipino made with soysauce and vinegar you should definitely give it a try.

13. Maembe profile image59
    Maembeposted 7 years ago

There's nothing I love more than a spicy Thai curry.

14. dearabbysmom profile image76
    dearabbysmomposted 7 years ago

Also have to agree with LiamBean...Thai, for all the reasons stated