jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How many times do you open the fridge hoping you'll find food when its actually

1. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

How many times do you open the fridge hoping you'll find food when its actually empty?

We're all guilty of this. Do we hope food will materialize? What's the deal?

2. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Too many times.

That's a great question.

3. kcreery profile image59
    kcreeryposted 6 years ago

It depends on how many beers you've had.

4. Rooskaya profile image48
    Rooskayaposted 6 years ago

At least 2 or 3 times.I wonder if the food will appear in the fridge when I am really hungry.

5. profile image58
    rieomposted 6 years ago

I look each and everyday on an average of three times.  I shake my head to seeing no food to eat when I grocery shopped twice in one week.

6. grandslambert profile image72
    grandslambertposted 6 years ago

Never! My refrigerator is never empty. Feeding my family is always my number one priority. I can skip out on going to the movies, dining out, buying model trains, and anything else, but skipping out of having food in the house is NOT an option.

7. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

I have to say that I do this quite a lot. Even after I've just grocery shopped. I'll open it and simply wish that there was different food in there.
    I think we just do it compulsively hoping that whatever food we want will show up.

8. kafsoa profile image72
    kafsoaposted 6 years ago

I've just started to open my empty fridge these days:) since I came back to my country after 8 years abroad, and started a project that was gone with the Egyptian revolution, but this is the first time to accept loss and accept my fridge being empty wink

9. vietnamtips profile image60
    vietnamtipsposted 6 years ago

I also do this. I hope food there for my empty stomach... And this is my habbit before going out. Just open and look...

10. Rob Bell profile image76
    Rob Bellposted 6 years ago

I usually give up on the third attempt.

Have you heard this before.

A married woman looks in her fridge, sees it's empty and goes to bed.

A single woman looks in her bed, sees it's empty and goes to the fridge.