jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever eaten buffalo meat?

1. twilanelson profile image61
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

Have you ever eaten buffalo meat?

I understand there is a variety of dishes made with buffalo.  I had the opportunity to have a buffalo burger, this week.  I was extremely apprehensive, but my teenage daughter talked me into it.  I could not find anything wrong with it.  It was moist, texture was good (just like a beef hamburger).  It was tender and mild.  It seemed lean and fresh and even a tiny bit of sweet.  Dressed like the usual hamburger with lettuce and tomato it was fantastic.  No lingering or gamy taste.  We loved it and ate it all.  I do need to research the health aspects of buffalo meat, though.

2. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

No but I have eaten an ostrich burger though.  It was pretty good.

3. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I looooooove buffalo meat! It is so yummy! Much better and healthier then beef, and goes in any recipe you can make beef with smile

4. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

I've had a buffalo burger before as well. It was pretty good, though I didn't really taste anything special about it.  The taste was basically the same as beef,

5. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

Bison Burgers are the best, it's a much leaner meat, growing up in Colorado and Wyoming, there are many restaurants (as well as supermarkets) that carry them.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

lots of times. it is getting to be popular here and it is really good.

working