jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What is your favorite home cooked food?

1. Faeriephenomenon profile image60
    Faeriephenomenonposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite home cooked food?

2. downpourofwords profile image42
    downpourofwordsposted 6 years ago

Chicken drumsticks with lemon rice and fresh salad

3. etower036 profile image60
    etower036posted 6 years ago

Last night I made a wonderful casseroll for dinner. It is Hash brown Potatoes, with liquified eggs (6 eggs mixed with 2 tbps milk) Salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic and onion powder.

Combine liquified egg with hashbrown potatoes, (frozen works well or reconstituted dried hashbrown) mix together, and put into a oiled casseroll dish.  Cover with tin foil so that the top dose not dry out. Bake for 40 Minutes at 350 F.   at the last 5 minutes, remove foil, add shredded cheese, and then replace letting the cheese melt and become golden.

This is so perfect for any meal...

4. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

I love clam chowder with grilled cheese sandwiches.

5. TheBlondie profile image59
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

I'd say something you'd have at thanksgiving. My family makes amazing apple pie, Yorkshire pudding, and stuffing. Stuff like that reminds me of the holidays smile

6. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

Honey ham and jalapeno and onion mac n cheese!

7. nifty@50 profile image75
    nifty@50posted 6 years ago

You can't go wrong with Spaghetti, Garlic toast and your favorite wine! http://hubpages.com/hub/Three-Chefs-Spagetti

8. mkrandhawa profile image60
    mkrandhawaposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5248763_f260.jpg

My favourite home cooked food is Indian food that is "Rajmah"(Red kidney beans)with rice and also  potato pranthas.yummmy

9. Kaddam profile image60
    Kaddamposted 6 years ago

My(step)mom's eggrolls. They're the best and nobody can cook like her. YUM!

10. Jennie Demario profile image43
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

I make a mean homemade pizza! Now you are making me hungry.. hehe

11. YadiraE profile image90
    YadiraEposted 6 years ago

My favorite home cooked meal is my mom's lasagna!! yummmmm

12. luvmygirlz profile image69
    luvmygirlzposted 6 years ago

My favorite would have to be my husband's pasta and brocolli dish! MMMMM it's so good. I think I may have him make that for me this week lol!

13. Jyoti Patil profile image66
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

I love Kori Rotti which I first had at a Friend's place. I loved it so much that i decided to write a hub on it! smile

14. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
    crazyhorsesghostposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6183698_f260.jpg

One of my favorite home cooked meals is homemade tomato soup and I serve grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with the tomato soup.

To make the best tomato soup I get out my blender and into the blender I put a 303 can of diced tomatoes, a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes with Chilies, 2 cups of half and half cream and a cup of chicken broth and also 1 teaspoon each

Ground Sea Salt.
    Ground Black Pepper.
    Ground Dry Basil.
    Good Quality Sherry ( Not Cooking Sherry )

You can leave out the sherry if you don't have it but I promise you if you take the time to buy it you will love it.

I then puree everything very smooth and I puree it until it is very smooth. No chunks of tomatoes can be seen. Then I heat the homemade tomato soup and make the grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and enjoy my delicious meal.

You can make a delicious crab soup by being sure to add the sherry and to the tomato soup in the blender you add eight ounces of crab meat and puree it smooth. You will end up with one of the most delicious crab soups you will ever eat and its also delicious with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.

If you use canned crab or crab from the deli be sure to add all the juices also to your soup. The crab soup is delicious with big garlic croutons floating in it.

working