jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What foods would you like to see deep fried?

1. leroy64 profile image83
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

What foods would you like to see deep fried?

I ask because the Texas State Fair is almost here and they published the list of foods they are plunging into the deep fryer.  The weirdest flavor will be bubblegum.  It is not actually bubble gum but some kind of flavored marshmallow or something.  There is a deep fried banana something that sounds more appealing.

2. Novel Treasure profile image90
    Novel Treasureposted 6 years ago

For some reason, deep fried green beans sound good.

3. eclecticme profile image83
    eclecticmeposted 6 years ago

I'm not much of a deep fried person myself, but at the SC State Fair you can get deep fried Pepsi and deep fried Oreos. I can't say that I ever had the desire to try them or even know how one would go about deep frying Pepsi.

4. delmer47 profile image60
    delmer47posted 6 years ago

Deep fried bologna
    Deep fried cheese (cheese on a stick baby!)
    Deep fried mushrooms
    Deep fried Snickers

Just to name a few :-)

5. billabongbob profile image76
    billabongbobposted 6 years ago

Battered, deep fried Mars Bars have been around for a while.  Can't say I'm in a rush to try one, but each to their own lol.  They originated in Scotland, that says it all really, they do love their deep frying.

6. Truckstop Sally profile image59
    Truckstop Sallyposted 6 years ago

Deep-fried Oreos with chocolate sauce are fabulous!
    Of course, anything fried is fabulous!

7. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I don't even know how to deep-fry anything.  Maybe the issue is more that I don't own any deep-frying cooking equipment.  It's not something I grew up seeing done, and it's not anything I've ever done.  Since doughnuts and french fries are deep fried (I'm guessing), I've eaten those (and like doughnuts better than french fries, I guess).  So, basically, I guess I'd have to say that aren't any foods I'd like to see deep-fried.

working