jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the best alternative meat to turkey at christmas?

1. Tony the writer profile image73
    Tony the writerposted 6 years ago

What is the best alternative meat to turkey at christmas?

2. naeemebrahimjee profile image76
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 6 years ago

I think it has be a light meat; i.e. not beef or lamb.

Also ensure it isn't fish.

Anything else you should be good with big_smile

Personally I would suggest Chicken

3. profile image0
    fordieposted 6 years ago

Goose. Rarely eaten these days but not as dry as turkey. Duck good for the same reasons - but we (our family) do tend to eat that through the year

4. michifus profile image81
    michifusposted 6 years ago

You can do the whole Christmas dinner with chicken if there are not too many to feed, or the cost of a turkey is too high. I think the best alternative is beef. Traditionally in the UK, you would have had either beef or goose. Do you fancy a goose this Christmas?

5. Bail Up ! profile image70
    Bail Up !posted 6 years ago

Latin Americans prefer roasted pork. It's not Christmas without it, as sides rice and beans. Can't wait to roast ours.

6. tswilson profile image59
    tswilsonposted 6 years ago

My family eats turkey on Thanksgiving, but when it comes to Christmas, ham is the main course.  Duck is also a good alternative.

7. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

There are so many alternatives at Christmas...duck, goose, ham, pork, lamb, prime rib, cornish hens, quail....I guess it depends on how closely you adhere to your own tradition? I know people who have celebrated with lobster and other seafood dishes.

8. profile image0
    Zooey LeRoseposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5806175_f260.jpg

A honey glazed ham with pineapples over them... smells so delicious coming out the oven... Also chicken, beef, pork, or even cheese tamales are a good dish although the meat is stuffed it is still a perfect dish for Christmas...

9. Jyoti Patil profile image66
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

A honey glazed stuffed Duck or Chicken!! I personally prefer Chicken.

10. renee21 profile image82
    renee21posted 5 years ago

I love ham for Christmas dinner!  Some people like goose, duck, or chicken as well.

working