jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Is there a vegetable that you have tasted that you would never eat again?

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image86
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

Is there a vegetable that you have tasted that you would never eat again?

Brussels sprouts is the only vegetable that gets my "down" vote.

2. Senoritaa profile image68
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

I love all vegetables, especially brussels sprouts smile

3. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 6 years ago

I can not get cauliflower past my epiglottis.  It's the only food that causes me to have a gag reflex.  I've tried it every way I can and no dice. It has some musty, earthen taste that's just anathema to me.  I've given up on them totally.

I know what you mean about brussel sprouts, too.  I must say, however, I finally had some that were evidently prepared well and I actually enjoyed them.

4. helmutbiscut profile image74
    helmutbiscutposted 6 years ago

I love most vegetables, but I cannot stand peas or beats.

5. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

wprdscribe try having some well prepared and grown cauliflower as well. I love cauliflower and it ranks up high may be in the top 5 veggies.
    The way you describe it, it seems that you don't get good cauliflowers where you live or it's not prepared right.

6. yogiwan profile image46
    yogiwanposted 6 years ago

There is only one - durian - most found in Southeast Asia.  Smells worse than it tastes but still has few redeeming qualities.

7. sylvia13 profile image72
    sylvia13posted 6 years ago

The vegetable I definitely not like and I have not liked since I was a child is cooked carrots, even though I love raw carrots! Strange, isn't it?

8. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Durian (sp?) It looks very spiky on the outside, smells like road kill when you break or cut it open, and taste like a sweetened musky mess. It is really popular in Asia I am told. For me, it is simply one taste I can not gain appreciation for. Technically I guess it is a fruit, but it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read your question...yuck!

Cheers~
    k9

9. profile image0
    stessilyposted 6 years ago

I have yet to meet a vegetable that repels me. If bananas were veggies, then I could list them, but they aren't. I'm not sure that I have a favorite vegetable, because they all taste delicious to me. I love Brussels sprouts --- their look, their color, their taste.

10. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Taro root....I tried it once in Hawaii. A little too nasty and pasty for my palette.

11. Brandon E Newman profile image71
    Brandon E Newmanposted 6 years ago

Huitlacoche! Look this stuff up. It's corn smut. It's a delicacy in Mexico.

12. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Has to be brussel sprouts. Just the taste of them in my mouth makes me feel sick. I did try them last Christmas and felt ill all day.

working