jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why can't men get credit as dessert cooks?

1. articleguy2k profile image60
    articleguy2kposted 6 years ago

Why can't men get credit as dessert cooks?

I published several hubs on here for my dessert recipes taught to me by my grandmother. I guess I chose the wrong niche, or men are not recognized as dessert cooks in the HubPages community. Since most of the bloggers on the Internet are women, I must be playing in a woman's world.

2. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 6 years ago

Some of the best dessert makers are men.  It may be how you are writing your content.

3. VeronicaFarkas profile image84
    VeronicaFarkasposted 6 years ago

I've never thought of that... I see nothing wrong w/ it. I mean, look at the "Cake Boss"!

I think it's that most men just don't blog about baking, but do so about grilling, beer, computers & IT, cars, and traveling; stereotypical "manly" topics. Maybe you're on the verge of something, and will break a new mold - a new path for less brave men to follow.

I must ask, though, why women aren't seen as "grill masters", like men are? wink

4. jbrock2041 profile image81
    jbrock2041posted 6 years ago

I would have to disagree that men can get recognition on being a dessert maker. Our pastry chef is a gentleman from Belgium and many of his cooks are men. I read the few hubs that you've posted and I think they're great. On HP it just takes time to get recognized.

working