jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's a great (but fairly easy) recipe for pumpkin soup or some other nice pump

1. arthsabi profile image60
    arthsabiposted 6 years ago

What's a great (but fairly easy) recipe for pumpkin soup or some other nice pumpkin dish?

We have a pumpkin in our fridge and aren't completely sure how to deal with it smile

2. EuroCafeAuLait profile image86
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Pumpkin pie is a breeze, especially if you use a prepared pie crust, though I personally make my own.  The filling can be whipped up in the food processor.  All you need is pumpkin, 2 eggs, evaporated (or condensed) milk, spices and sugar.  Check online for some good recipes.  It bakes in about an hour.  What could be easier?

3. mljdgulley354 profile image60
    mljdgulley354posted 6 years ago

Depends on how much pumpkin you have but pumpkin bread and cookies are another way to use it. Fresh pumpkin is good baked and put a little butter and cinnamon on it

4. nwarriar profile image60
    nwarriarposted 6 years ago

Peel the pumpkin ( I love butternut), dice it, cook it in a bit of water. Cool, blend, rewarm. Grate a bit of nutmeg, add a bit of milk or cream, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!

5. SmartAndFun profile image98
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

This moist, cake-like pumpkin bread is fairly healthy! It is made with pumpkin, olive oil, whole wheat flour, and eggs. Add nuts, dried cranberries, or raisins for even more healthy benefits. read more

working