jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

Italian Food - what is your favorite dish?

1. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

Italian Food - what is your favorite dish?

2. steryker profile image60
    sterykerposted 6 years ago

baked ziti with lots of cheese. Making me hungry just thinking about it.

3. healthwriterbob profile image82
    healthwriterbobposted 6 years ago

I like meat and cheese lasagna best of all although rigatoni and meat sauce is a close second.

4. girlgonestrong profile image61
    girlgonestrongposted 6 years ago

I love spaghetti with meatballs....but I don't eat it much anymore.  Carbs are the enemy.

I'll make up some at home myself and will thick-shred some zucchini and cook it in butter as a noodle substitute.  Great stuff and no insulin spike to make you fat.

5. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I love spaghetti and meat sauce, so simple yet so delicious. I've started using the veggie pasta and it tastes great. I'm not a great cook by any means but even I can make a good spaghetti and meat sauce so I think anyone can.

6. yogiwan profile image46
    yogiwanposted 6 years ago

Italian food is not about a favorite dish, it is about a style of cooking that fits the occasion.  Fresh and simple is the key.  If  you ever watch Mario Batalie or other Itialian chefs, you see them put together, fresh pasta with fresh vegetable and fresh herbs and some simply prepared protein.  The style emphasizes the flavor and texture of the ingredients which is why there are so many dishes prepared in this style that are favorites.

7. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 6 years ago

I like Manicotti. I like manicotti with salad, lots of olives and garlic bread. For dessert I would like a piece of cheesecake and a really good merlot.

8. elayne001 profile image74
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

I love the lemon chicken with capers, mozzarella garlic bread, and ravioli! Yum!

9. Russell-D profile image83
    Russell-Dposted 6 years ago

Rollando. Tasted first in a small Italian town. Made with loads of rolled ham and cheese with Fennel flavored Penne on the side. So good, I've had it wherever in the world it's on the menu. Second favorite, veal cooked in a paper bag with Penne on the side. This second dish was from the menu of the former Isola Bella in London's Soho. I also had Red Snapper cooked in a bag by a Moroccan Chef at a seaside restaraunt in Veracruz, Mexico. (See my story "What Are They Eating In Vera Cruz, Mexico?".) As for dessert, no question - a combination of Lemon & Cherry italian water ice, a great combination of tart and sweet that makes you want to pucker.  Somewhere in there pour me a chilled Negroni a bit on the lemon side .  David Russell

10. THEHuG5 profile image61
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

Spaghetti with meatballs. It's hard to find really good spaghetti though. The best I've ever had was in Rome.

11. Claudia Tello profile image78
    Claudia Telloposted 6 years ago

Carpaccio!!!!! Any kind will do. I love the traditional beef Carpaccio but the different fish varieties are also yummy.

12. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

please do not make me single out ONE dish....i am so enamored of Italian foods that it takes me forever to order when i go to an authentic italian place.... if i had to choose just one, it would be shrimp scampi for sure...yum, yum, yumo!

13. Angela Biggs profile image59
    Angela Biggsposted 6 years ago

White sauce pastaaaaa. I love it tongue And even other pastas are lingering to the buds, but white sauce pasta takes the cake smile

14. GoodLady profile image93
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

"Caprese", made in the summer with fresh ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella (buffalo mozzarella), fresh basil and the best extra virgin olive oil drizzled over it with sprinkling of salt.
    Served with fresh crusty bread and a glass of cold mineral water.

15. ishwaryaa22 profile image90
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

I am a fan of Italian food and enjoy eating many trademark Italian dishes such as pizza, pasta, Tiramisu etc.  My top favorite Italian dish is baked lasagne with its delicious layers of cheese, vegetables and a dash of gravy cooked with vegetables. This dish strikes a balance of various flavours derived from Italian herbs and sauces used in this dish that both tantalize and play with any Italian food aficionado's tastebuds!

16. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

This is a tough task. Pizza, pasta, spaghetti.... I love them all. Easy and simple to cook at home. The best part about these dishes is that they make wholesome meals with vegetables and proteins. Homemade Italian dishes lets you enjoy food without feeling guilty!

17. stanzi11 profile image77
    stanzi11posted 6 years ago

Any type of pasta....spaghetti, arabbiatta, ravioli...you name it, I love it all.

18. TycoonSam profile image83
    TycoonSamposted 5 years ago

One thing that I never get tired of is Pizza.  It can be made so many different ways, like a new meal every time.