jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you find most surprising in news about genetically modified DNA in food?

1. Melis Ann profile image93
    Melis Annposted 6 years ago

What do you find most surprising in news about genetically modified DNA in food?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6230413_f260.jpg

What I find most surprising is that people aren't burning Monsanto factories to the ground.  I think that is exactly what people should be doing - destroying Monsanto.

3. irisepicuria profile image59
    irisepicuriaposted 6 years ago

There isn't anything really wrong with genetically modified food. As long as heirloom varieties are still made available. However, I do agree with Wesman. Genetically modifying food is OK. But copy writing seeds (or whatever it is they're doing) is stupid, and wrong.

4. msviolets profile image84
    msvioletsposted 6 years ago

The most surprising thing to me is that people seem to accept that this is out of their hands.  The food we eat is a choice; and we have every right to make an informed one.  Genetically Modified materials should be labeled simply because 80+% of consumers agree that they should be.  One of the most disturbing arguments I've heard against it is that people won't buy it if it's labeled.  To me; that argument is so ridiculous it doesn't merit an answer.  (If consumers don't want it, how is hiding the source a good thing?)

5. Adamowen profile image82
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

Most of the news that is produced on the TV is undoubtedly bias and in most cases false to stir fear within the population. Yes GMO's are not the ideal thing to be consuming but they will not destroy you and rot you to death as it is suggested. People need to research these claims personally from credible sources like PubMed and make up their owns decisions on the matter.

The thing that shocks me the most though is large companies in the US trying to claim control over all the grains, seeds and land to make huge profits. Surely they have other ways to make billions, right?

working