jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Recipe ideas for shredded chicken?

1. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Recipe ideas for shredded chicken?

My grocery store had whole cooked chickens on sale for $2.50 so I bought 10 and deboned. Any ideas of what to do with all this shredded chicken?

2. Bob Zermop profile image86
    Bob Zermopposted 5 years ago

Well, you can always give to friends or donate what you won't eat, but I'd guess you know that. For recipes... http://momsbyheart.net/meal-planning-40 … d-chicken/ Found it on google, hope it helps

3. SmartAndFun profile image98
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

Awesome deal! I have a thousand things I might make out of that: chicken pot pie, chicken salad, chicken enchiladas, pasta salad with big chunks of chicken thrown in, chicken and dumplings, chicken vegetable soup, chicken quesadillas... I have a pasta salad hub with a recipe for my all-time best pasta salad. In fact I'm making it for dinner tonight. We are grilling chicken because it is a gorgeous day. Hubber Marcy Goodfleish (don't know if I spelled that right) put up a hub the other day for chicken stroganoff that sounded great, also.

4. MatthewLeo1701 profile image72
    MatthewLeo1701posted 5 years ago

My wife makes this concoction that she calls chicken and rice. All it takes to make it is: shredded chicken, rice, chicken boullion, and of course, water. She cooks the chicken with the rice, sometimes whole, sometimes cut into small bites. With the chicken is cooked, she will pull it out shred it and put it back in with the rice. The chicken boullion is what really gives it awesome flavor. Its very savory and wonderful when the rice is cooked right. Nine times out of ten she "blows the rice up", that is, she puts extra water in, and overcooks the rices so that it become exploded, and very sticky. The texture with the flavor of the chicken is out of this world.

working