jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does your child eat school lunch or do you make homelunch for your child?

1. HawaiiHeart profile image74
    HawaiiHeartposted 6 years ago

Does your child eat school lunch or do you make homelunch for your child?

2. Neil74 profile image59
    Neil74posted 6 years ago

My children's school forbid them from going home - so they have to eat in school.

3. MatthewLeo1701 profile image71
    MatthewLeo1701posted 6 years ago

For us it varies. Sometimes we have them eat lunch at school, but sometimes its just cheaper to make a homelunch. We have cooler packs that keep the sandwiches cold for them. They collect new ones every year, and they seem to be slowly conquering the top shelves of my kitchen cabinet where my cups are supposed to be. One day soon I will have to clean house.

4. anglnwu profile image90
    anglnwuposted 6 years ago

I make it a point to pack school lunch for my kids. That way, I know what they're eating and I can to pick healthy selection of foods for my kids. It takes a bit more work in the morning but it's well worth the effort. I've a hub on packing healthy snack lunches:

http://anglnwu.hubpages.com/hub/Sneakin … ol-Lunches

5. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 6 years ago

School lunch.  It works and he is comfortable with it, less hassle for me although it might cost me more.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

We usually pack lunch because it is more economical, and we've more control over the healthful factor. Since our child is in HS, an occaisional lunch from the cafeteria is okay.

working