jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite chicken dish?

1. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite chicken dish?

2. cabmgmnt profile image85
    cabmgmntposted 5 years ago

I love Chiken Picatta. Something about the richness of the butter with the tang of lemon and the bite of capers just makes this dish my all time favorite! Yum!

3. profile image69
    win-winresourcesposted 5 years ago

Good morning La Thing-

Here is my daughter's favorite chicken recipe from my cookbook "Bubbie's Secrets" (c) 2004.  It's a real change of pace with the depth of flavor from the amaretto  going well beyond the sweetness, and works very well with chicken.   Hope you give it a try.

Amaretto Chicken

6 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
    8 ounces canned mushrooms drained
    1/2 cup red onion finely diced
    1 Tbl. dried parsley
    2 Tbl. olive oil
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    8 ounces Amaretto liqueur

Mix parsley, pepper and 1 Tbl. olive oil together and coat chicken.  Let stand, covered and refrigerated for 1 hour.

In a small sauce pan, boil the amaretto to reduce by half to a syrup.

In a large frying pan, over medium heat, fry the onions and mushrooms in 1 Tbl. olive oil until lightly browned.  Remove from pan with slotted spoon to reserve the oil.  Fry chicken (or grill) until well browned - about 6-8 minutes a side.

Spoon the mushroom/onion mixture over the breasts and then pour the amaretto syrup over all.

Goes great with a vegetable pasta primavera.

Nutritional Information:  (for a large serving)

Calories:  431
    Fat:  7 gm
    Sodium:  318 mg
    Fiber:  3 gm
    Iron:  2 mg
    Carbohydrate:  15 gm
    Protein:  55 gm
    Cholesterol:  136 mg
    Calcium:  27 mg
    Vitamin A:  100 IU
    Vitamin C:  4 mg
    % Calories from fat:  18%
    % Calories from protein:  65%
    % Calories from Carbohydrate:  17%

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

A hubber here, Peter Leeper has a series of recipes called Dad Can Cook.  His salsa chicken in a crock pot is so easy - two ingredients and it wonderful.  That is my favorite chicken dish at this time.

5. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I like chicken parmesean when the weather is cool but for warmer weather my favorite is bbq beer can chicken...unbelievably moist and flavorful!