jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite low-cost dish to cook for 10 - 15 guests?

1. EyesStraightAhead profile image83
    EyesStraightAheadposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite low-cost dish to cook for 10 - 15 guests?

I host game nights pretty often. It can get expensive to provide food. What are your favorite low cost dishes to make for large crowds?

2. Michael Adams1959 profile image52
    Michael Adams1959posted 6 years ago

My lasanga feeds around 20 but costs about 50 to make plus the time.  My wife buys a couple roasted chickens and makes an awesome chicken salad with it

3. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Chili, Made mild not hot. It warms & fills the belly and the air shortly thereafter.

4. MojoDawg profile image59
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

We love to entertain but just a few ideas are
    1 Savory Beef Brisket   ($2 per lb)   12 lb brisket or $24
    2 Barbecue Chicken     (99cent per lb) 3 whole fryers $14
    3 Chili with fritos for frito pie  (ground chili or chuck meat $3 per lb)  4lbs meat  $12
    4 Taco Soup or Chicken tortilla soup   (3 lbs ground beef or chicken pieces) $9
    5 pan seared pork loin  ( $4 lb x 7 lbs)   $28  Check out food network for (raspberry chipotle pork loin)  this is out of this world and will wow your guests.

5. donnaisabella profile image81
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

Two packets of spaghetti and a large pack of meatballs or ground beef goes a really long way but costs very little. Add a few green peppers, onions and at tin or two or spaghetti sauce and you have a great meal to feed even 25!

6. profile image0
    susanm23bposted 6 years ago

A large dish of baked ziti is great for this!  Lots of yummy cheeses, tomato sauce and whole wheat pasta--delicious smile

7. modgirlok profile image59
    modgirlokposted 6 years ago

Vegan chili and vegan cornbread or cornbread stuffing. It's always a hit, especially when served with pie for dessert.

8. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

Chilli and cheese with gaucamole! Everyone loves a good bowl of chilli it's cheap too.smile It could even be served as a party dip! That is one of my favorite foods for when I host parties. smile

9. Silver Fish profile image87
    Silver Fishposted 5 years ago

I love a huge paella, . It always impresses, and tastes very indulgent.

working