jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

When you eat ribs, do you lick your fingers clean or wipe politely with a moist

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

When you eat ribs, do you lick your fingers clean or wipe politely with a moist towelette?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Hi - it is amazing, my husband and I can both have ribs and he ends up with very little on his fingers. I, on the other hand, end up with "stuff" from fingertips to elbows - no matter how hard I try. But we both use napkins or moist towelettes to clean up - unless we are at home.

3. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 6 years ago

I always use a moist towelette to clean up, but my husband will inevitably lick his fingers. That must be why they say "finger-licking good!"

4. Cherrietgee profile image79
    Cherrietgeeposted 6 years ago

It all depends on who I'm with at the time. If I happen to be with people I just met or don't know really well, I tend to be a little more civilized and do the proper thing and use the moist towelette. However, if I'm around family or friends who are like family, I tend to resort to licking my fingers.

5. Melissa A Smith profile image98
    Melissa A Smithposted 6 years ago

I don't lick my fingers unless I can wash my hands in a sink afterwards.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I love Carolina baby back ribs and enjoy every minute of the finger-licking goodness BEFORE the moist towlette arrives. Some things aren't meant to be prim and proper!!

7. coffeegginmyrice profile image81
    coffeegginmyriceposted 6 years ago

I'd lick each of my fingers that touched the ribs! That is one way of really savouring the ribs and enjoying the ribs to the max...but not in a restaurant. We got to know our limits in enjoying our meal to avoid embarrassing ourselves and our company when dining outside or in a sit-down "special occasion" dinner invitation. But if it is savouring the ribs at home with family or at a close relative's place, even around friends, I guess nobody will mind.

working