What kind of milk is healthiest?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What kind of milk is healthiest?

There are so many options - skim, 1%, 2%, whole, almond, soy, rice, powdered, goat, even camel milk. Which is the healthiest milk?

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

The healthiest for all humans is Human breastmilk. For most people though this is not something they are willing to do. When it comes down to it all milk sold in stores (here in the usa) has been processed in one way or another. Which makes it all the same and only as good for you as people say. So many opinions differ on it. Cow's milk is good for you in one way, almond another, soy yet another. I never will understand how we all decided that we would think of human milk in disgust for adults but drinking milk from a cow was a good idea. I admit I drink it, just don't understand it. Sorry, I think I may have just ranted a little in my answer!

3. sadie423 profile image93
    sadie423posted 5 years ago

My answer would be similar to Peeples. Humans are the only animal to drink another animal's milk. Human breastmilk is meant for people. Most store cow's milk or goat's milk is ultra-pasteurized so that it no longer holds any nutritional value. In 3rd world countries where nutrition is lacking milk has it's place to help people stay healthy.

I drink raw goat's milk, but we only have like a cup a day per person. We drink water most of the time. Each type of milk has different properties, but all of the nutrition you could probably find in it's natural form elsewhere. Cow's milk isn't the only place to get calcium, most soy/rice/almond milk is fortified with vitamins added back in....

working