jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you prefer Fried Fish or Oven Cooked?

1. articlesocean profile image59
    articlesoceanposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer Fried Fish or Oven Cooked?

Why do you prefer it? What benefit does it give us? Does it relate to your health?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6824201_f260.jpg

2. annart profile image88
    annartposted 5 years ago

Oven cooked every time.  It's much healthier and I find it's crisper too.  We have fish and chips every Friday; it's the only time we have what we call 'fast food'!  Our one allowance each week as we both love fish and chips.
    You can't beat the old fish and chips in newspaper on Brighton beach (I'm talking 60s and 70s here!) but health and safety requirements have dictated that those days are gone, sadly!

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I want white fish breaded and fried, though I'll eat it baked. My favorite is catfish nuggets, though a lot of people don't like them. Salmon I like either baked or pan-seared. Good stuff. Now I'm hungry. tongue

4. Jean Rogers profile image82
    Jean Rogersposted 5 years ago

Baked halibut with a Parmesan crumb topping and drizzled with fresh lemon. Yum!

5. Handicapped Chef profile image80
    Handicapped Chefposted 5 years ago

Well if I had a choice it would be fried ....deeep fried or pan fried it dose not matter, but I really believe that anything breaded should not be baked but with most people trying to eat healthier I find myself grilling and broiling my fish plus I eat mainly salmon now.

6. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I prefer oven baked over friend for calorie and health reasons.  However, I can't help but love a good fish & chips meal on occasion.  Love catfish fried. Guess it's a good thing I can't have it that often here where I live.

7. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

I prefer the fried fish because I like the salty crunchy food (which I have in moderation because it is not as healthy).

I will choose the oven cooked because it is healthier.

I bread my fish with bread crumbs and saute them in light olive oil.  Since fish cooks fast I can have my crunchiness too.  This is probably healthier than deep frying fish.

8. profile image0
    MsLowrieposted 18 months ago

One of the things that I hate about living in the south is their incessant need to batter up and deep fry everything. Fish cooked in the oven is better.

working